Newby Signing In

LOL... you see what you started ..with these jabroneez...LMAO...sounds like your on the right track...start with spring cleaning and maintenance which is most important right now... then get rid of the chip get a TTchip ...translator and newer style MAF depending on goals...and scan master..you do not need an adj. fuel pressure regulator..unless going up in fuel injectors..which will also be determined by your chip....then start in on new timing set and valve springs and ditch the flow master exhaust ...it is a chambered muffler not ideal for turbo cars... free flowing Pypes race pro system are a favorite with guys..the street pro mufflers are a little louder if you like ...GL and welcome aboard..

LOL... you see what you started ..with these jabroneez...LMAO...sounds like your on the right track...start with spring cleaning and maintenance which is most important right now... then get rid of the chip get a TTchip ...translator and newer style MAF depending on goals...and scan master..you do not need an adj. fuel pressure regulator..unless going up in fuel injectors..which will also be determined by your chip....then start in on new timing set and valve springs and ditch the flow master exhaust ...it is a chambered muffler not ideal for turbo cars... free flowing Pypes race pro system are a favorite with guys..the street pro mufflers are a little louder if you like ...GL and welcome aboard..
sorry forgot hot wire kit new fuel pump and filter...and motor mounts ...get the anchor brand of rock auto they are cheap...if keeping her stock... many things depend on desired goals ....and most of all ...enjoy your new classic ...@KC87 has some garters for you hang on the visors if needed ...extra spicy sent .. :p :ROFLMAO:

A lot to digest. Just wondering how important these mods really are if it made it 130k miles without them.

A lot to digest. Just wondering how important these mods really are if it made it 130k miles without them.
the mods are not that important ...but the maintenance is ...the stock nylon timing gear ...if that has not already be changed ..is on its last leg...the stock MAF's were just not that great compared to todays tech...and its probably on its last leg too...just sayin...I prefer to keep mine close to stock levels ...for reliability and just enjoyment ...once you start turning things up your enjoyment level might not match the horsepower level...LOL

sorry forgot hot wire kit new fuel pump and filter...and motor mounts ...get the anchor brand of rock auto they are cheap...if keeping her stock... many things depend on desired goals ....and most of all ...enjoy your new classic ...@KC87 has some garters for you hang on the visors if needed ...extra spicy sent .. :p :ROFLMAO:

Now don't lead him on, tell the truth. The garters are my Aunt Ethel's who's 97 years young! Also have some of her size 32 soiled panties but doubt if he could afford those! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now don't lead him on, tell the truth. The garters are my Aunt Ethel's who's 97 years young! Also have some of her size 32 soiled panties but doubt if he could afford those! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I knew you had some tricks up your sleeve ...or in the back room.. :oops: :sneaky:...gimme dolla

I knew you had some tricks up your sleeve ...or in the back room.. :oops: :sneaky:...gimme dolla

And my trouser leg too! Poor guy writes in and we 2 have to turn it into a perverted rant. :ROFLMAO:
I say let the poor guy do a few more minor updates and let him have fun the first year he has it. We'll have him corrupted in a short time anyways. :eek:

Last edited:
Dude you really have to decide what you want to do with the car. If you want to get thumbs up and drive to car shows and get ice cream with your kids- do the spring cleaning, get a Scanmaster and lose the Poston chip post haste. Don't exceed 13-14psi and you should be good until things start going on you, MAF, nylon timing etc.
Now if you want to push more than 15psi than......
Your choice.

the mods are not that important ...but the maintenance is ...the stock nylon timing gear ...if that has not already be changed ..is on its last leg...the stock MAF's were just not that great compared to todays tech...and its probably on its last leg too...just sayin...I prefer to keep mine close to stock levels ...for reliability and just enjoyment ...once you start turning things up your enjoyment level might not match the horsepower level...LOL

I second the timing chain. Here is mine when I changed it recently on a 67k mile car. See those big cracks?

63e506fc883b2dabe4cc3452de37b481.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine had similar cracks, glad I caught it before I had to clean up pieces out of the pan.

Attachments

• 20180203_165854.jpg
    20180203_165854.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 119

Depends on if you want to make it to 140k.

There is a long list of things that need to be done to your car before it's safe to drive. Leaving ONE thing off that list is the same as not doing any of it. These cars make enough power to eat themselves in a hurry. Flooring a compromised engine only ends in ONE way.

Dude you really have to decide what you want to do with the car. If you want to get thumbs up and drive to car shows and get ice cream with your kids- do the spring cleaning, get a Scanmaster and lose the Poston chip post haste. Don't exceed 13-14psi and you should be good until things start going on you, MAF, nylon timing etc.
Now if you want to push more than 15psi than......
Your choice.

sorry about that repost...

First off, congratulations, these are awesome cars to own. I had mine out today for a little spin today if you catch my drift ;)

What gnicetry said is right...

What are your goals for the car? Do you want to hotrod it around? or do you not want to hot rod it around. Those are two totally different paths and have completely different budgets.

Whatever you decide you need a scanmaster... you should buy that first.

If it was 1987, and the car rolled off the assembly line, it would likely make 3 years/36K. Be smart, update the fuel system, get a good timing set, run ZDDP, update the chip, be smart, learn from 33 fucking years of experience.