Newby Signing In

Why not, you're low mileage and we're 20 years into the 21st century. :)

If it was 1987, and the car rolled off the assembly line, it would likely make 3 years/36K. Be smart, update the fuel system, get a good timing set, run ZDDP, update the chip, be smart, learn from 33 fucking years of experience.
Timing chain had been changed...He used and supplied me with ZDDP...HP fuel pump installed and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Gotta decide on a replacement for the poston chip.

Timing chain had been changed...He used and supplied me with ZDDP...HP fuel pump installed and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Gotta decide on a replacement for the poston chip.
Turbo tweak 5.7 chip for pump gas. Easy to adjust with a scan master if you want to make changes, but with the specs you give Eric it will run great right out of the box.

A lot to digest. Just wondering how important these mods really are if it made it 130k miles without them.
there is one other ...very rare ...coolant additive which provides the pinnacle of lubrication for the system...it is very expensive due to the harvesting process...and I only know of one place to get it...

there is one other ...very rare ...coolant additive which provides the pinnacle of lubrication for the system...it is very expensive due to the harvesting process...and I only know of one place to get it...
I also been made aware of some leather conditioner that us rare but supposedly very good.

You still need ZDDP.
You don't wan't to add ZDDP to an oil that has very low levels. There is a relationship between detergents and ZDDP. If the ratio isn't right,bad things can happen. You want to use a 5W-30 oil that has plenty of ZDDP added by the oil formulators.

Driven LS30 is a good example of a full synthetic 5w-30 oil with plenty of ZDDP.

Summit Racing 5w-30 is a good example of a conventional oil with plenty of ZDDP and it is currently on sale for $5.99 a quart.

Valvoline VR1 conventional racing 10w-30 silver bottle should be a very good option at a price point in between the Summit and Driven and readily available at the local parts stores. I don't know that anything else would actually be any better.

A lot to digest. Just wondering how important these mods really are if it made it 130k miles without them.

At the very minimum, get a modern chip from Eric at Turbo Tweak, gasoline formulations have changed dramatically since the 80's and 90's.
The ZZDP additive or oil with ZZDP already added with each oil change is also essential for the 130k engine.
New injectors, well, because 130K, have Eric match the chip to the new injector size you decide on. New Fuel Pump well, because 130K. Hot Wire kit, because new Fuel Pump.
Scanmaster, because most any question you have, to help diagnose it, the Scanmaster readings will be a HUGE help.

brad penn... half bottle of zddp... and k and p engineering oil filter if you have a built motor ... but best option for availability is VR-1 with 1/4 bottle of zddp and wix filter ...but this has been beat to death... everyone likes to know .... those are best two options ...

you still need this and have not asked for available or even what it is ...

He has a car with 130K on it. RMI will exploit ANY weakness in his cooling system, if there is one.
better to fix now than latter ...whats the ole saying ...better to pay now than latter ... ;) ...and good to clean the block and heads out ...

He has a car with 130K on it. RMI will exploit ANY weakness in his cooling system, if there is one.

Hmm, I just use plain old anti-freeze and my secret ingredient is distilled water so no minerals from tap water. I should of been a chemist. :D