New Zimmerman/AZGN Stroker build is here!

ok, I can't tell from the pic, but before you go any further put zip-ties on all the vacuum lines that feed the fuel pressure regulator and MAP sensor.

those connections are CRITICAL.

Bob

Oh yes..those POS vibrant vacuum hoses are temp. Hpsi silicone is what I normally use. I'll be replacin soon.

zip tie them before you drive the car again......

I use heavy-wall conventional rubber hose, and replace every couple years.

It would be a bummer to hurt your new engine over an easily preventable failure.

B

Sounds great and looks great too! Congrats it's a bad ass now for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Toby, how much max boost are you running in that beast?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hey Toby, how much max boost are you running in that beast?

Ill be completely honest with you. It is scary at 15lb and the tires start letting loose. Its on E85 and pulls very hard, quickly. Extra underwear in glove box. Me and a challenger got into it on the interstate running 75...punched it....looked over and all the cars were being passed and appeared they were standing still. It's a dangerous build. Heart rate 150, palms sweaty, shaking vigorously.

A little sound clip in the tunnel. This was taken right after I put her together. This was just a few pounds of boost, 5-10?? TTOPS let alot of wind noise in. It was deafening in the tunnel.

Ill be completely honest with you. It is scary at 15lb and the tires start letting loose. Its on E85 and pulls very hard, quickly. Extra underwear in glove box. Me and a challenger got into it on the interstate running 75...punched it....looked over and all the cars were being passed and appeared they were standing still. It's a dangerous build. Heart rate 150, palms sweaty, shaking vigorously.
Holy crap! Just 15 lbs of boost, max? That is awesome! I can only imagine! I don't blame you about new underwear in glove compartment! LOL! Congrats! Very nice build!

How much hp did you gain from the stroker kit? What is your estimated hp now?

oh no, not 15 max...that is when I got concerned and lifted. Fuck!ng witchcraft happens under that hood man. I still need to mess with the wastegate and get it dialed in.

How much hp did you gain from the stroker kit? What is your estimated hp now?

I have been told the stroker will yield a certain amount of guaranteed HP just due to displacement differences. I believe it does yield a better low end torque driving around town but who knows. The ONLY reason I went to a stroker is for the difference in cost between stock crank and not was nearly same. As in estimate HP...We will see soon. I really have no idea. I know it is fast lol....scary.

oh no, not 15 max...that is when I got concerned and lifted. Fuck!ng witchcraft happens under that hood man. I still need to mess with the wastegate and get it dialed in.
Holy hell !!! LMAO! I am sure it is scary! I am currently having my bottom end rebuilt. Decided against a stroker kit because of the added machine cost for the block work. I went with stock stroke.....Eagle forged crank, Eagle forged rods, JE forged pistons, high performance oil pump. I get the car back next week. Should be interesting once I get it all tuned correctly. The car was pushing about 575 to 600 hp before the rebuild. I assume it will probably be about the same after this rebuild. I was pushing about 24# of boost when I broke the #2 main cap and sheared the crankshaft in half. [emoji45]

I have been told the stroker will yield a certain amount of guaranteed HP just due to displacement differences. I believe it does yield a better low end torque driving around town but who knows. The ONLY reason I went to a stroker is for the difference in cost between stock crank and not was nearly same. As in estimate HP...We will see soon. I really have no idea. I know it is fast lol....scary.
Yes, I was told the same thing about the HP gain with the stroker kit.

Yes, I am sure the low end torque is much better with the stroker kit.

The entire bottom end was stock on my car. I think my main cap broke due to detonation issues. I just decided to go with an ultra sturdy stock stroke rotating assembly that could hold 25# of boost comfortably.

And my current HP of 575 to 600 is more than enough for me. LOL!

Man that thing sounds wicked!! And you could tell it was moving out quick!! Nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk