New trans no manual 1/2 shift and no 2/3 shift at WOT

oddiesGN

I have a new rebuilt transmission and followed all the directions to break it in. I'm using dextron 6 fluid and had the tv cable adjusted by pressure gauge. I drove it for maybe 150 miles before my first wot shift. With shifter in drive or in OD at wot it shifts good from 1/2 but I can't get it to go into 3rd it sounds like its hitting a rev limiter around 6k my knock gauge lights up and when I let off the gas it shifts.

Also when I try to shift manually at just normal driving it will not go into second when manully shifting from 1 to 2 until I shift into drive as if the linkage was off, so I checked it and even adjusted again and the same thing happens. Also only when I'm manually in 1st I hear a whinning noise when going slow, and no noise when shifter is in another gear when rolling in 1st. At normal driving with shifter in od it seems to be alright it shifts firm into 2 and when it goes into 3 you kinda don't notice the shift and in od you can notice the rpms dropping. I have a new 2800 converter also.

Do I need to keep adjusting the tv cable to get the wot shift to 3 or is it the transmission itself? Thanks.

I would triple check the fluid level. Then do a pressure check on the tranny's port. If you do not have the pressure gauge you can disconnect the TV cable from the throttle arm and pull it manually and see if you can feel the spring pressure resisting. Keep working it aggressively and then if you feel it is working reconnect and test drive.

I would triple check the fluid level. Then do a pressure check on the tranny's port. If you do not have the pressure gauge you can disconnect the TV cable from the throttle arm and pull it manually and see if you can feel the spring pressure resisting. Keep working it aggressively and then if you feel it is working reconnect and test drive.

I check the level at least once a day and I had a transmission place set the cable off of pressure. In what port do you hook the gauge to? I can check it myself to make sure that the pressure is good.

I'm no transmission expert any means!! I thought I read somewhere we're not supposed to make wide open blasts in OD. I try not to. Was the correct valve body used? I had a trans that wouldn't shift for anything on the 2~3 w/my foot on the floor. The cause was the trans had the wrong VB & calibrated wrong.(NON VENDOR) Not saying you'll be 100% the first time w/one but at least they'll make it right.

I'm no transmission expert any means!! I thought I read somewhere we're not supposed to make wide open blasts in OD. I try not to. Was the correct valve body used? I had a trans that wouldn't shift for anything on the 2~3 w/my foot on the floor. The cause was the trans had the wrong VB & calibrated wrong.(NON VENDOR) Not saying you'll be 100% the first time w/one but at least they'll make it right.

I'm not sure about the wot in OD I have heard that before and for the most part only do it in drive. I did it to see if there would be a difference. I have been trying to get a hold of vender, but no response yet I should hear from him soon. I hope its just a very simple fix so I can get some more joy time out of it before winter.

I'd lean toward a different vb. You could possibly hurt the engine with a no 2-3 shift.

I'd lean toward a different vb. You could possibly hurt the engine with a no 2-3 shift.

Thats what it turned out to be the vb. It should be fixed in a week.

Who did the trans? He should be the one resolving ur problems!

I tried to get a hold of the builder for a few days but haven't heard back till today, he is fixing me up with a new vb. I was just impatient and hoped that maybe a member could help me with the problem and have it fixed by the time I hear back from builder. This was the first time I got to drive my car since July of last year, did alot of upgrades on the car so its been down plus bought a house and took two months to move, the humid 110 deg weather every day didn't help motivate me enough to do anything after work.

Thanks.