New to Charlotte...Help me out

awash242

I just moved down here to Charlotte from NJ... Can anyone give me some info on TR friendly shops and vendors in the area? Any other info would be helpful too...cruise nights? meet-ups? drag-strips? Thanks!:cool:

Join GM_TURBO6@yahoogroups.com to hook up with some friendly folks in the Carolinas. Be sure to list your name, address, cell number, etc so we will know who you are. Let me know if you have trouble joining. I'm the moderator and can help.
Conrad Carter
Albemarle, NC
704-983-2302 (office)

As far as vendors, make friends with the ups guy. ;) Any of the parts stores can get the common stuff but I don't know any GN type vendors in the Charlotte driving area. I think there is a shop in the Greensboro area that has done several Buicks and I'm sure someone will chime in with the name. Bweavy is in the eastern part of the state and is one of the largest in the country, but thats about 4 hours away.

There are quite a few of us in the area and like Conrad said join the group. We usually try to have a get together about ever month or so. There is a small cruise in at Monroe every Wed. (mostly older stuff) about 20 m. east on US-74 (Independence). There is a larger one once a month in Oakboro around 30m. east in Stanley County. As far as drag strips, there is Pageland (1/8 m.) about 20 m. south of Monroe and Rockingham (1/4 m.) about 70 m. east of Charlotte on 74. Maybe one coming soon to the Concord area. I'm about 15 miles east of Monroe. Welcome to N.C.

The GM_TURBO6 group has gone to Farmington drag strip several times and have had fun there. Also, Mooresville has a drag strip. Both are 1/8 mile.

The Greensboro shop is TurboTune. Confederate Motors in Albemarle is a good source for GM parts that are in production. Several folks on the GM_TURBO6 list have some TR parts for sale. There is a guy in Harrisburg that works on TRs some (Keith Soffa (?)). I have never used him as I do my own work or haul my car to Jack Cotton in MA. Keith is on the GM_TURBO6 list so you can reach him there.

As always, I call Jack Cotton for advice and go-fast parts. Turbo38GN@aol.com

Conrad Carter

I'm a NJ transpalnt also, enjoy the cheaper insurance... But I had to get used to the unlocality of people who own these cars, I live in a non-Turbo car friendly part of NC...

awash I'm around Matthews & Monroe and have lots of used TR parts on hand if you're in need of anything. Email me if I can help. Thanks.

We're going to Newark, N.J. next month for UFC78. Are you from around that area?

Awash,
Mike Mccoy is a stand-up guy and will treat you right. I have bought many parts from him.
Conrad

Mike, good to know that you have a bunch of parts, my GN is bone stock and Ill be looking for the first basic mods...(walbro, adj. WG, adj. fuel press reg. etc) let me know what you.

My powermaster went out today :( and Im not too familiar with fixing it....any help as far as that goes?

Awash,
Mike has stock parts since he parts cars out. Call Jack Cotton for the parts that you mentioned.
Conrad

alphaenvirmgt, thanks for the info. Ill get in contact with Jack.

And Mike, since you part out cars, do you happen to have a powermaster assembly in good condition? mine took a dump this past weekend...

If Mike doen't have a used PM, Jack can sell you a new one.
Conrad

I just moved down here to Charlotte from NJ... Can anyone give me some info on TR friendly shops and vendors in the area? Any other info would be helpful too...cruise nights? meet-ups? drag-strips? Thanks!:cool:

Where at in Charlotte did you move to? There's quite a few of us TR guys in the area.

PM sent.

K.

Join gm_turbo6@yahoogroups.com to hook up with Charlotte/Raleigh/Greensboro/W-S/Hickory area turbo GM owners. I'm the moderator so let me know if you have trouble joining the group.
Conrad

Update...

We're finally done with all the painting in our new shop, and are moving everything in the rest of this week and the weekend. It's located in Charlotte near the airport. Give me a call if we can help (704)201-6863. Services now include in house cylinder head porting/polishing and flowbench testing.

Click the link in my sig. for pics...

K.