Need help with my 87 GN value

Farrell5.0

Hi everyone, haven’t logged on in a while.
I’m looking to sell my car, but could really use some help on the value of it, and the best way to sell it.

I knew the man who owned it since ‘88 I believe it was. He was very ill for a number of years, so the car did a lot of sitting outside. Mileage is unknown because he had swapped in a v8 regal cluster at some point (I’m assuming the factory one stopped working correctly in some way. I put in a correct cluster but nothing works correctly on it other than Speedo. The car has been repainted at some point with a single stage or lacquer and has some oxidizing on the decklid, roof, and hood (also some bubbling pictured). Doors, fenders and quarters are in pretty great shape.

The seats were re-wrapped just before I acquired it, the grey is quite a bit darker than stock. The headliner and carpet were also replaced. I’ve had the car for over two years and haven’t let water touch it for fear of the astro roof leaking, and I just haven’t made time to replace the seals. I believe it will leak because of the poor shape the visors are in.

I believe the engine is un-opened. It does have an old school “turbo-luber” on it that I have left alone. I’ve put somewhere between 500-700 miles on it and have had zero issues other than the starter failing, which I of course replaced. I installed a cold air intake on it and removed the cat, but that’s it. It’s also evident the driver’s side manifold has been repaired.

There are spots on the roof where someone seemingly buffed through the paint, I left the sections at the gutter rails alone, but did a poor looking bandaid fix around the astro roof, as it was a rather large area.

I installed h&r lowering springs in the rear with bilstein shocks, and adjustable qa1 coil overs in the front. I also replaced the bushings in the front control arms. I replaced the front calipers and also the rotors. Rear drums are s10 drums.

I repainted all of the trim, replaced the headlights and tinted the corner lights (mostly because the Amber was faded).

The aesthetics of the car are of course to my taste, as I planned on keeping this car for a long time, but things have changed.

Here is a link to photos.
I appreciate any input or advice you can give me. Hopefully the quantity of text doesn’t shun too many away.

Tyler

Original
MSRP
LOW
RETAIL
AVERAGE
RETAIL
HIGH RETAIL
Base Price$15,136$13,050$27,000$44,300
Options (Change)
Factory Air Conditioning10%10%10%
6 Cylinder Engine-10%-10%-10%
Total Price$15,136$13,050$27,000$44,300

this right of nada

NOW THIS IS VERY SUBJECTIVE !!!!! DEPENDS ON WHO IS ACTUALLY BUYING/WANTING THE CAR AND, TOO MANY VARIABLES TO DISCUSS ON HERE ITCAN GET A LITTLE KNIT PICKY SO TO SPEAK
CHECK OUT THE CARS FOR SALE SECTION ON HERE AND YOULL SEE WHAT MOST BUICK GUYS ARE PAYING/SELLING EM FOR, NOT QUITE WHAT THE GENERAL PUBLIC IS PAYING , LIKE HEMMINGS AND OTHER CLASSIC CAR SITES HAVE THEM AT BUT ANYWAYS
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SALE

Original
MSRP
LOW
RETAIL
AVERAGE
RETAIL
HIGH RETAIL
Base Price$15,136$13,050$27,000$44,300
Options (Change)
Factory Air Conditioning10%10%10%
6 Cylinder Engine-10%-10%-10%
Total Price$15,136$13,050$27,000$44,300

this right of nada

NOW THIS IS VERY SUBJECTIVE !!!!! DEPENDS ON WHO IS ACTUALLY BUYING/WANTING THE CAR AND, TOO MANY VARIABLES TO DISCUSS ON HERE ITCAN GET A LITTLE KNIT PICKY SO TO SPEAK
CHECK OUT THE CARS FOR SALE SECTION ON HERE AND YOULL SEE WHAT MOST BUICK GUYS ARE PAYING/SELLING EM FOR, NOT QUITE WHAT THE GENERAL PUBLIC IS PAYING , LIKE HEMMINGS AND OTHER CLASSIC CAR SITES HAVE THEM AT BUT ANYWAYS
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SALE
Thank you for that. Do you happen to know what website people use with the most success for selling their car?

your already on here so use it ,and as far as mainstream there are fees associated with most , bring a trailer seems to be pretty fair/decent , there are so many consignment places , Hemmings is a big one , fb has some gn groups and ship swap local groups