NEW PRODUCT- Cam Sensor Balancer Kit from Richard Clark and Turbo Nasty

Please give me your zip code to calculate shipping. Shipping and handling is NOT included but is typically around 8ish bucks for lower 48. Thanks

I had my cam sensor rebuilt by GNS Performance, I assume I don't need the pro kit?

I had my cam sensor rebuilt by GNS Performance, I assume I don't need the pro kit?
This is a good point. If your cam sensor has drilled holes in the cup in an attempt to balance it, the kit will NOT balance it. You can get a unmolested factory reluctor cup and install it in place of the one thats drilled to use kit.

Last edited:
All orders shipped! Shipping for lower 48 is 7 dollars for USPS, maybe slightly more if a bulk order is made. Both kits are7 in stock and ready to ship.

Never mind just saw your profile. Are you going to be at the Midwest Buick show in Itasca?

What about the gear, have those for sale or where can we get them?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I would like to clear the air on a few things with this product. The Effort to get the sensor balanced and the affects of a non balanced sensors is under scrutiny.

First off ask yourself if you have a choice to balance the assembly or not would you chose to not balance it? There is no down side to balancing it. The premise is straight forward to get the assembly balanced while improving weak areas!

To clarify the cam sensors speed....it spins half the engine speed. Even at engine speeds that our TR's turn the sensor vibrates/buzzes from the cup being out of balance. Mr. Richard Clark used his turbo balancing equipment to get this product dialed in.

Now for the affects..... the reluctor cup, its out of balance and the harmonics and vibrations associated with that causes the tab to shear off, screw to back off.

Now the scrutiny of a few things......heavy concern was placed that the out of balance vibrations had ZERO to do with any wear on the top bushing, bottom bushing, pin and other washers. And that the only reason the top bushing wears wears out was pure lack of lubrication.
Lets address lubrication...... Cam sensor internals is lubed through the oil splash and mist in the timing cover it is NOT pressure fed and the upper or lower bushing isn't of the design to be pressure fed. Over time the upper bearing typically shows more wear than the bottom. Many factors are at work here, poor oil and/or change intervals, the feet on the base of the cam sensor housing wearing out blocking the entrance of the splash and/or mist, etc this will cause a reduction in lube to internals. Clearly the top bushing will suffer from this as well as the bottom. The top bushing is the one that does suffer the most for sure even with normal wear.
The vibrations are NOT helping. The point in this product is to balance the sensor while strengthening it why not have it balanced as well!
Is the failure or wear of the top bushings solely from less than adequate lube and miles of use? No, the vibrations play a part as well.

The roll pin......Its a weak link PERIOD!!
What attributes to faster wear than simply a weak design? High volume oil pumps, too thick of oil used even with stock pump, too high of oil psi, miles, worn cam sensors and vibration.

To recap the product is to balance the assembly while being proactive in adding strength to areas of sensor that are prone to weakness. The vibrations arent the sole factor in every part of the sensor failing but do not help!!

And is a DIY product to those that are tech and mechanic Savvy and enjoy doing the work on their on stuff vs. having others do it or saving a few hundred dollars vs. buying a new one.

Last edited: