NEW PRODUCT- Cam Sensor Balancer Kit from Richard Clark and Turbo Nasty

Many factors are at work here, poor oil and/or change intervals, the feet on the base of the cam sensor housing wearing out blocking the entrance of the splash and/or mist, etc this will cause a reduction in lube to internals.

Making a change to the lower shim to prevent it from rotating will stop the feet from wearing. An oil squirter aimed at the cam sensor gears is also helpful.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Well spoken. Perhaps one more thing to consider. The cam sensor drive was not designed for engines @ 6k rpms. The imbalance pulse frequency & magnitude increases which will cause bushing damage earlier in the product life cycle .

Feet and no feet. You want about a min of .025ish left but you can see why.
f2278da24e4503de7aaef7b344e4097d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Agreed, the squirter or oil galley plug mod works well to help.
Many factors are at work here, poor oil and/or change intervals, the feet on the base of the cam sensor housing wearing out blocking the entrance of the splash and/or mist, etc this will cause a reduction in lube to internals.

Making a change to the lower shim to prevent it from rotating will stop the feet from wearing. An oil squirter aimed at the cam sensor gears is also helpful.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Is there a price for a complete cam sensor with pro kit already installed?

Great product and write-up.

A major factor contributing to premature bushing failure is gear misalignment.

Two chamfered holes can be offset angle drilled in the cam sensor body to aid lubrication.

Bump...... Just rebuilt a cam sensor yesterday on a stage 2 bottom end/ported champ top end car that the pin was cracked in two and I could push it out by hand as well as lower washers worn out. Installed a pro kit and all is well! The pin was a hand grenade with the pin pulled and the worn washers weren't helping. Guy bought this car 2 years ago and it has a Duttwieller oiling system to boot, this is the second dutt style ext fed pump ive found with a stock pin broken in less than a year!! Car has a BS3 on it so there isnt oil psi safety like the XFI, if the oil pump failed it would have been very very very expensive!!