NEW Precision Turbo PT71-GTQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOTOA6

Resident Smartass
Anyone running the new PT71-GTQ Precision Turbo out there, If so what do you think of it. Any down sides to it I've been thinking of buying one and would like to here from anyone that has one. Also if they picked-up anything over what they were running.

That wold be the new TSM mac-daddy turbo. That is probably what Bamford has under his hood. Went 9.90s at 135.

Bamford was not running this turbo...yet!
He had a standard pt70-1

Scott what is the deal with this turbo? Is this just a new compressor wheel that just came out.

It has the new GT Series Garrett Compressor Wheel and a new
compressor and turbine housing.

Call and talk to Jim or Harry at PTE.
I don't think they are ready to go out yet!

From what I understand, the PT71;) is a PT70-1 (the "-1" means it is the big housing 4" inlet/3" outlet) where the compressor housing is opened up internally to allow for a larger exducer...which is readily available from the PT76 compressor wheel. To make the turbo legal for TSM, you cut down the inducer on the compressor wheel to something less than 71.5mm. Accordingly, you have the big exducer from a PT76 but the inducer of a PT70. TSM rules only check the inducer...we don't have time to disassemble turbos for inspection. :(

Does the wheel really measure 71mm leaving .25mm clearance around the compressor wheel? I wouldn't think so as the SLIGHTEST amount of wheel-wiggle (I made up that term) would cause the wheel to hit the housing and disintegrate.:eek:

I also believe the GT-Q turbine wheel stuff is something new, but I do not know what. As noted...ask Harry.

As stated on the TSM bulletin board at http://www.gnttype.org/discuss.html many moons ago, it is legal.

From what i understand this turbo along with the new PT-76(1000 hp) both have a CNC billet machined compressor wheel & will make a 70mm turbo or 71 mm turbo. The exhaust wheel is the "new" GT Q wheel.Both Limited and PTe have been using them for a bit now.

What, no one has one of this TURBOS they sold out so there must be somebody with one any comments or info. about new turbo.

Originally posted by Scott231
That wold be the new TSM mac-daddy turbo. That is probably what Bamford has under his hood. Went 9.90s at 135.

Just running the standard PT-70 q trim with a 4 inch inlet and a 3 inch outlet, nothing special here.

Originally posted by GOTOA6
What, no one has one of this TURBOS they sold out so there must be somebody with one any comments or info. about new turbo.

:rolleyes: ..you mean "these turbo's", English 101 is your friend.;) :)

Didn't see this "stage two car of yours" out at the BOP event, so why not stop blowing smoke up everyones ass, and admit you are a 14 year old with no car?? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by blackshoebox
:rolleyes: ..you mean "these turbo's", English 101 is your friend.;) :)

Didn't see this "stage two car of yours" out at the BOP event, so why not stop blowing smoke up everyones ass, and admit you are a 14 year old with no car?? :rolleyes:

NOT YOU AGAIN, GO AWAY AND FIND SOMEONE THAT WILL GIVE YOU THE HELP AND MEDICINE YOU NEED. IT'S NOT TO LATE WITH YOUR LITTLE PROBLEM YOU HAVE.

YOU KNOW THE ONE THAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU ARE "ALL THAT" GO AWAY AND FIND ANOTHER THREAD THAT'S THE FIRST STEP TO RECOVERY..

YOUR STILL FUNNY WITH THAT fast CAR YOU DRIVE 11 SEC. DAILY DRIVER HA HA YOU MAKE ME LAUGH IT'S MORE LIKE A 12 SEC. DAILY DRIVER.

WELL GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR LITTLE PROBLEM JUST TAKE YOUR MEDS. AND IN NO TIME MAYBE YOU'LL GET BETTER AND BY THE WAY GROW UP.............

NOT YOU AGAIN, GO AWAY AND FIND SOMEONE THAT WILL GIVE YOU THE HELP AND MEDICINE YOU NEED. IT'S NOT TO LATE WITH YOUR LITTLE PROBLEM YOU HAVE.

YOU KNOW THE ONE THAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU ARE "ALL THAT" GO AWAY AND FIND ANOTHER THREAD THAT'S THE FIRST STEP TO RECOVERY..

YOUR STILL FUNNY WITH THAT fast CAR YOU DRIVE 11 SEC. DAILY DRIVER HA HA YOU MAKE ME LAUGH IT'S MORE LIKE A 12 SEC. DAILY DRIVER.

WELL GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR LITTLE PROBLEM JUST TAKE YOUR MEDS. AND IN NO TIME MAYBE YOU'LL GET BETTER AND BY THE WAY GROW UP.............

Grow up..hmm..lets see here, you jump down my throat and start cracking on me, after I call you out for not showing up for an event that you said you were going to race and smoke all of us at. I think you need to step away from the keyboard and put up a #.:D And then run that big mouth of your's.

Also, is there something wrong with having an 11 second daily driver? The car runs 11's and I drive it to the track and then drive it home, is that hard to understand?? Oh let me see, maybe if I write it in spanish, you will understand, you illiterate f)ucking foreigner. You make it sound like I am trying to compete with you, as if you even have a car or anything that resembles one.

Until you show up with a car, and shut me up in person, your the joke my friend, not me. Why not come up to bradenton on the 4th of may, or bring your car out to the meeting on the 10th, and shut me up and run you mouth to my face in person, and then see what happens.

Assclown..

Grow up..hmm..lets see here, you jump down my throat and start cracking on me, after I call you out for not showing up for an event that you said you were going to race and smoke all of us at. I think you need to step away from the keyboard and put up a #.:D And then run that big mouth of your's.

Also, is there something wrong with having an 11 second daily driver? The car runs 11's and I drive it to the track and then drive it home, is that hard to understand?? Oh let me see, maybe if I write it in spanish, you will understand, you illiterate f)ucking foreigner. You make it sound like I am trying to compete with you, as if you even have a car or anything that resembles one.

Until you show up with a car, and shut me up in person, your the joke my friend, not me. Why not come up to bradenton on the 4th of may, or bring your car out to the meeting on the 10th, and shut me up and run you mouth to my face in person, and then see what happens.

Assclown..

What's going to happen

Hey look at my sig now

Very funny.:rolleyes:

Like I said, come out, and shut me up. Anyone can have a stage two car on the internet, but not it person.

Very funny.:rolleyes:

Like I said, come out, and shut me up. Anyone can have a stage two car on the internet, but not it person.

Well should I change anything with my sig looks about right:eek: let me know. I see in another thread that your going to be running mid. 11's on pump gas YOUR so FUNNY :rolleyes: well keep trying everybody needs to have DREAMS to hold on to.

By the way since I'm CUBAN I guess I am a foreigner to you because you were born here right and I was born in Cuba that's what you said [ illiterate f)ucking foreirner] sounds like you have the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.