NEW IAC Berrel Auto?

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
I managed to come acrros this ford design iac? Dale Can you help explain the advantages of this over the old iac and is this iac compatible with FAST, DFI, etc. I am fed up of the slow crappy stock iac

thanks norb

What we are offering is an IAC adapter that utlizes the newest GM design IAC. It will bolt to your existing Buick throttle body and is compatable with the stock ECU and any aftermarket ECU that uses a GM style IAC. We will also be offering an adapter for Ford style throttle bodies when used in a racing or conversion type application with an aftermarket ECU. This new IAC is more compact and is faster reacting. Visit our website for some pre production pics and more info. www.injection-connection.com

We are still waiting for our initial shipment. We will let you know as soon as we have the ready to ship.

Not too bad, i guess i have no choice and wait it out

The new style GM IAC's do react quickly! used one on the 440 I setup in Cadny Eggo last week.. VERY rapid movement. Fortuanately for us the base and mounting was VERY close to the Dodge uber slow pos that it replaced.

You will like it when you get it! hehe

I have been fight a slow IAC for years! I hope it works well

Originally posted by NOVI2KRT
The new style GM IAC's do react quickly!

How?, the code only pulses them so fast.
I'll beleive they're more consistant, but I can't understand how they can move faster then the rate at which the IAC motor is pulsed.

BTW, I can't wait to get one, for the repeatiblity.

It has twice as many steps as the old iac. You will have to ask Dale on the details..........

Originally posted by norbs
It has twice as many steps as the old iac. You will have to ask Dale on the details..........

Dale, 2x as many steps?.

I am a simpleton.. all I know is when I look down the bore in the dodge body and watch my OE one react.. it's a slug.. though functional..

When I watched the GM one react I was very startled at how quickly it moved.

All I know.

Originally posted by NOVI2KRT
I am a simpleton.. all I know is when I look down the bore in the dodge body and watch my OE one react.. it's a slug.. though functional..
When I watched the GM one react I was very startled at how quickly it moved.

FWIW, any stepper type IAC, can get slow, from carbon deposits, getting into the armature/ slider area.

Interesting thou. Sometimes just casual observations can lead to guestioning the apparent, and seeing the apparent just ain't what it seems to be.

yip.. I understand the carbon build up, the Dodge ones I watched were "new" or clean.. mostly the one on my R/T that isn't driven to speak of. Just "raced" to it's low 12. THAT HAS TO CHANGE SOON! lol.. hate being the slowest FAST system!!! hehehe

I think Dodge just has slow electronics in general though, I know I have heard scary stories about processor time, or lack of on the PCM's themselves. FAST was a HUGE step up from that, and now the BS3 seems blindingly fast compared to the FAST in my R/T as far as action/reaction goes on sensor readings per change to program. Need more time to play with it, but it's pretty cool so far.

Originally posted by bruce
How?, the code only pulses them so fast.
I'll beleive they're more consistant, but I can't understand how they can move faster then the rate at which the IAC motor is pulsed.

Okay...two ways that I can think of.

The GM IACs are essentially stepper motors. The number of degrees the motor rotates per "step" (or "pulse") is a function of it's design.

Also, the IAC ultimately moves its pintle in a linear fashion. The linear motion comes from the mechanical conversion of the motor's primary rotory motion. The ratio of this conversion is also a function of the IAC's design.

Did these IAC's ever get into production? I would try another machine shop, if they can't produce it.

Originally posted by norbs
Did these IAC's ever get into production? I would try another machine shop, if they can't produce it.

I talked to Chris yesterday, and he said a few made it to the Nats. He said to try again next week. <sigh>