New hood pins for fiberglass hoods

Pretty neat, might not look like anything at all from a distance with our black hoods.

I might go this route, thanks for the link.

hah

Thats very similar to a variety of latches we use in aviation (Helicopters) there are numerous styles of latches that can accomplish the same thing. Never thought about using them for a hood, really slick idea.

I've been using those on my camaro for awhile now, they are nice. Not cheap, but I liked the locking feature. The biggest downside is the hole you gotta cut for them. You can also turn them sideways and use them to hold anything on: fenders, doors, etc. They are pretty trick.

Thanks for the heads up Billy. Here's more info for those who might be interested...

Aerocatch Plus Flush Hood Latches
AeroCatch - Automotive
photo-locking.jpg

Found them for sale here ($85/pair).
Aerocatch Plus Flush Hood Latches

I'm getting these since my Glasstek hood is not straight. I'll post pics when I get it back.

I saw these the other day on Don Cruz's car. Sweet setup, much better than the typical pin and clip arrangement.

hah

Thats very similar to a variety of latches we use in aviation (Helicopters) there are numerous styles of latches that can accomplish the same thing. Never thought about using them for a hood, really slick idea.
do you have a source where you can buy them? maybe the place that this company actually buys them from.. cut out the middle man and save a few bucks. of course, being aviation related, they'd probably cost more than these.