New for Jan 2010 .. Pump Cover

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Over the years having customer send pumps in for rebuilds/overhauls we tear them apart to inpect them and make the decisions needed to bring them back to life. Once in a while i'll see a pump come in with a rusted motor from water getting into it. Even tho we for years have used RTV to seal the motor assemblies, sealed the screws.. still water can get into the motors. Especially on the Regals with a broken bumper filler.. like water torture.. drip drip drip on the pump.. water gets in and rusts the motor and kills it as bearings, armatures, electrical gets destroyed.

So as an industry "first" I have developed the cover for the pump to make this possible issue an impossibility.

Here are shots. From this day forth all pumps sent out of our company will feature this to improve the performance of the systems.

Attachments

• Alkypumpcover_1.JPG
    Alkypumpcover_1.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 775
And... if you have our system and want to install the cover to protect the pump, we will sell them at zero cost, just cover the priority mail shipping of 6.00 on each one of these. Enclosed are shots how to perform the mod..

Attachments

• pump1_1.JPG
    pump1_1.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 757
  • pump2_2.JPG
    pump2_2.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 752
  • pump3_3.JPG
    pump3_3.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 747
  • pump4_4.JPG
    pump4_4.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 735
  • pump5_5.JPG
    pump5_5.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 782
Last one..

Here's a shot of the cover on a C5 Vette install ;) Pretty sexy :D

Attachments

• C5 pump cover_1.JPG
    C5 pump cover_1.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 758
okay.... Julio - I'm in... can i paypal the funds to you???

thks
aaron

and thks for continually raising the bar and improving the product. i still remember way back when the kit first came out:eek:

Yes sir.. paypal to my email addy.

idoxlr8_70@yahoo.com Note there is an "_" between the 8 and 70.

Please if you paypal.. be sure that your "correct" address is on there.

Glad to keep upping the bar.

A cost of Zero? Are you sure?

B

Not really.. there's shipping unless you want to come by and pick one up. :D

Customer service.. got to take care of those who believe in the product. ;)

Not really.. there's shipping unless you want to come by and pick one up. :D

Customer service.. got to take care of those who believe in the product. ;)

Alright, I'll give you a call in a few days. I may grab one for mine.

I do enough to have your banner linked on my website!

B

The wonders never cease!! Thanks for solving a problem that most of us may have been unaware even existed. Jon Hanson

The wonders never cease!! Thanks for solving a problem that most of us may have been unaware even existed. Jon Hanson

Yup.. the time spent on the phone telling someone their pump got water in it. Then trying to comeup with a solution to not let it happen.. while I dont see this issue with the Buick communitty that often maybe 1-2 pumps a year.. one is just too many.

Here's an example picture. Water gets in.. sits on the lower bearing.. sits contacting this bolt.. until it rots out.. pump slows down and doesnt deliver alcohol.. at this point the motor is trash and instead of a rebuild, it has to get tossed.

Attachments

• rustybolt_1.JPG
    rustybolt_1.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 688
Sweet. I just sent the money via PayPal for one of these. I wrote it in the notes on PayPal as well, but could you throw a set of operating instructions for your progressive kit in as well? I bought the car with system on it already and love it, but been going on posts on here for operating it.

Thanks.

Paypal sent Julio. Thanks for bringing out another great idea! I haven't installed my kit yet so this will add to it. Hopefully one day soon....:redface: