New Fast XFI install, now runs crappy

Well now don't try and make it sound like I don't like the FAST system. Both are very good systems and each one has its strengths.
Would not do that to ya Craig. I know your position very well as we have spoke about it in length when you were on the A team :smile: . Just supporting your stated fact that there are things the Gen7 will do that the XFI cannot. I have no issues with the XFI.

Does the Gen7 have auxilary inputs to watch other sensors?
IE.. driveshaft,c02,nitrous pressure,etc...

I could have a defective unit, I am going to return it. The problems were brought to the attention to accel, by my emic dealer, they have not come up with an answer to the issues im having. I am not an unskilled installer/user, everything is double checked twice. Actually i use the software so much i find bugs in it the average user won't. It has 4 wires to hook up, its not user error, I;m sorry.

Does the Gen7 have auxilary inputs to watch other sensors?
IE.. driveshaft,c02,nitrous pressure,etc...

Can the XFI turn on and off any outputs using boost psi, TPS, rpm using only one or all of the functions?

Can the XFI activate several fuel and timing maps based on 12 volt inputs or time based on boost, tps, rpm, map%?

Does the XFI have any 12 volt inputs?

Can the XFI fine tune fueling using 1200 steps?

Can the XFI datalog several data logs before retrieving them?

Will the XFI allow user input bat correction voltage table?

Will the XFI allow the use of any aftermarket wideband meters

Can the XFI use dual WBO2 sensors

Otto we can play this game all day long. The Gen7 is short on additional inputs compared to the FAST. The fast short on outputs and has crappy one directional outputs. We can hash it out on a gen7 v/s XFI thread if you like. I have nothing to lose as a guy like yourself has no clue about what a gen7 can or can not do. Peace Im out

Need to do a little learning on your own. The dead spot is more than likely a lean spot. Jack will get you hooked up.

Was this really neccesary?
I am learning on my own and am progressing along very nicely thank you. As for the dead spot, WRONG!.
What the hell is the deal with the attitude of the vendors on this board?
" SCREW YOU if you didnt buy it from me" I posted this thread for some HELP originally knowing that Jack was driving back from the weekend of racing, what I get as a first reply is a smarta$$ comment from Dusty,which just cost him a sale. Then Lonnie has to chime-in to basically cut me down for not having a GEN 7. And three weeks after the original post he comes in with the above! This board has changed from what it used to be years ago. Yes I just bought my GN in May of this year but I have been a member since 2002 and was still visiting before joining. Now there is a bunch of BS and bitching, whining and finger pointing and name calling between alot of vendors. I know that you have businesses to run, but PLEASE just go back to helping the TR COMMUNITY, sales WILL follow customer service.There are ALOT of talented people here on the boards with the know-how and experience to help, they just choose not too or try to make someone else look bad to others. The vendors need to work together without taking a cheap-shot at the other. I have spent around $7,000.00 on my car since June and most of it went to Jack Cotton, not because he was the cheapest,I never price shopped, I never asked for any discount whatsoever, it was simply customer service, and it remains still. Having your vendor offer a cell number to call for ANY issues is priceless in my book.
Thanks for listening to my rant.This WAS after all MY thread.
Bryan
Now back to the regularly scheduled @#$%

Can the XFI turn on and off any outputs using boost psi, TPS, rpm using only one or all of the functions?

Can the XFI activate several fuel and timing maps based on 12 volt inputs or time based on boost, tps, rpm, map%?

Otto we can play this game all day long. The Gen7 is short on additional inputs compared to the FAST. The fast short on outputs and has crappy one directional outputs. We can hash it out on a gen7 v/s XFI thread if you like. I have nothing to lose as a guy like yourself has no clue about what a gen7 can or can not do. Peace Im out

You forgot to add that Accel does not send BETA flashes to plain old customers to install on other(s) cars that blow motors :rolleyes:

Very well said Lonnie, but you have to understand that to Otto there is no other thing held more sacred than a XFI, and he will fight to the death to promote it over any other aftermarket ECU. His post asking you these questions about the extenal inputs was just a bait pile, he knows the answer and is much smarter than he leads to be at times.

I hope you see what kind of guy you really are dealing with now.

What the hell Lonnie?
Im not trying to start a pissing match.
I just asked a freaking question.
Yes it can or no it cant would have been fine.
And yes it can do some of the above but not all of it.

I am learning on my own and am progressing along very nicely thank you. As for the dead spot, WRONG!.
" SCREW YOU if you didnt buy it from me" I posted this thread for some HELP originally knowing that Jack was driving back from the weekend of racing, what I get as a first reply is a smarta$$ comment from Dusty,which just cost him a sale. Then Lonnie has to chime-in to basically cut me down for not having a GEN 7. And three weeks after the original post he comes in with the above! This board has changed from what it used to be years ago. Yes I just bought my GN in May of this year but I have been a member since 2002 and was still visiting before joining. Now there is a bunch of BS and bitching, whining and finger pointing and name calling between alot of vendors. I know that you have businesses to run, but PLEASE just go back to helping the TR COMMUNITY, sales WILL follow customer service.There are ALOT of talented people here on the boards with the know-how and experience to help, they just choose not too or try to make someone else look bad to others. The vendors need to work together without taking a cheap-shot at the other. I have spent around $7,000.00 on my car since June and most of it went to Jack Cotton, not because he was the cheapest,I never price shopped, I never asked for any discount whatsoever, it was simply customer service, and it remains still. Having your vendor offer a cell number to call for ANY issues is priceless in my book.
Bryan

Preach on man! Great Post! I have been telling every vendor that would listen to me this.

I have now gotten to know just about every vendor on the board and they all have offered to help me anyway possible. But when I got back into Buicks years ago Brian at Gbody was the first guy I dealt with that treated me good. The two previous vendors are not on this board btw! Anyway I called to ask him about a car he used to own I was buying, not buying anything, and he took almost an hour talking to me. Needless to say I have spent much money with him since!

Far as the board, we are trying our best to keep it like it should be. Isn't all that easy though:frown:

Phoneguy,

Sorry for taking your thread off track. I should have known what would follow.

Jack is a top-notch guy and as suggested many times, he will take good care of you. Hope you were able to find some useful info through all this.

Bryan

Bryan I do apologize for posting crap on your thread. Nothing wrong with your XFI it will get the job done. Not cutting you down in anyway you bought a good unit. I was a little heated with Jacks post and should have responded an let it go. I would be more than glad to help if you would like to give me a call. There are many good guys on this board also that can help. I am sure Jack will get you taken care of.

Bryan I do apologize for posting crap on your thread. Nothing wrong with your XFI it will get the job done. Not cutting you down in anyway you bought a good unit. I was a little heated with Jacks post and should have responded an let it go. I would be more than glad to help if you would like to give me a call. There are many good guys on this board also that can help. I am sure Jack will get you taken care of.

Lonnie,

Sorry if you took my off base response wrong, but it is what it is. Unfortunately, if you and others didnot have any help for Bryan, why respond? Just move onto the next post... at least, that is what I try to do... but thats just me. Promoting yourself and Gen7 in a thread related to a new FAST startup issue just is not very professional, if you don't post, I don't have to respond... see.... isn't that easy. Then the BS doesn't start. Now have a great day, I'll see ya in Indiana....

Craig,

Thanks for the PM, I appreciated it.

Thanks Lonnie, apology accepted.
Bryan

Phoneguy,

Sorry for taking your thread off track. I should have known what would follow.

Jack is a top-notch guy and as suggested many times, he will take good care of you. Hope you were able to find some useful info through all this.

Thanks Craig. Also appreciate the PM.
Bryan

You guys need an area where vendors can take there frustrations out on each other and keep it out of the legitmate question area.

Maybe you could call it "Vendor War Area".

Hell... you could set ecommerce account and charge people to watch the fights, make some money for the site.

Tg