New EPA Regs Make Our Cars Illegal?

Again there are many ways around the statutes ... just look at all the cars running dummy CAT convertors , or cars that go in for emissions that quickly go from "RACE mode " to emissions approved mode ..

Are they really going to put a sniffer stop on public roads and check all cars ? How many HOT RODDERS are they really going to fine to make it not be a resource / funding issue .. not gonna happen

going after service providers.. sure that is a simple one that they can go after .. but there are many ways around that as well.
Current EPA emissions standards aren't even tested in ILLINOIS now ... its a simple No Code / No problem test ... its so simple to get around its not even funny...
They have no effective way to enforce it ...

What they are doing is putting panic in people for a reason ... think about what is being pushed

This was exactly my point when I said to get collector car insurance and tell the EPA to stick it.

State regs in AZ exempt cars designated as historic and those insured as collector cars from emissions testing, so how are they going to catch someone? Put a sniffer stop on public roads and check all cars? Really?

Historically, states like AZ are famous for thumbing their noses at the Feds and winning. In this case those states will probably continue to show their disdain for Federal encroachment and just create State regs that trump federal policy.

Thanks for posting the link.

What more would you like me to do? Sign your form? I'll do that when you can absolutely assure my in box won't be completely bombarded with e-mails for every frick'n cause out there begging me for money, whether I approve of them or not.

I submitted form, it took less than a minute. This is a SEMA form, not some "for profit" or "charity" entity and it will find your members of Congress based upon the zip code you enter. No Fees. No SPAM. No Obligations. No junk in my email account as a result.

Hopefully the congress gets the "RPM" bill passed soon. But even if they do, it requires either a Presidential Signature or a Veto Override by Congress to become law. I'm not too confident in either happening under this current administration.

Meanwhile, Attorney General Loretta Lynch has said the Federal Government is investigating the possibility of bringing civil lawsuits against climate change deniers.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mel...d-whether-pursue-legal-action-against-climate

But I'm "crying wolf" and acting like "Chicken Little" because nothing like this is ever going to happen, right? Maybe if I ignore it, it will all go away...:facepalm:

seems too many here are getting hung up on the emissions systems... this isn't just about modifying the emissions systems- it's about changing ANYTHING in the drivetrain of the car at all..

technically, taller or shorter tires would be illegal since they change the certified final drive ratio.

different exhaust systems from the oem certified parts in the oem certified configuration would be illegal- so no bigger exhaust or better flowing mufflers.

spark plugs would need to be exact oem replacements..

all intake tubing would need to be exact oem...

the starter, battery, and cables would also have to be original or certified exact oem replacements.

and this would apply to ANY vehicle that left a factory with a VIN tag on it..

it's amazing how many people here are all "they could never do it. it won't happen. my state doesn't even check this stuff"... well, guess what: they want to do it, it's close to happening, and your state will check this stuff if they are going to lose highway funding over it..

seems too many here are getting hung up on the emissions systems... this isn't just about modifying the emissions systems- it's about changing ANYTHING in the drivetrain of the car at all..

technically, taller or shorter tires would be illegal since they change the certified final drive ratio.

different exhaust systems from the oem certified parts in the oem certified configuration would be illegal- so no bigger exhaust or better flowing mufflers.

spark plugs would need to be exact oem replacements..

all intake tubing would need to be exact oem...

the starter, battery, and cables would also have to be original or certified exact oem replacements.

and this would apply to ANY vehicle that left a factory with a VIN tag on it..

it's amazing how many people here are all "they could never do it. it won't happen. my state doesn't even check this stuff"... well, guess what: they want to do it, it's close to happening, and your state will check this stuff if they are going to lose highway funding over it..

You should turn in an application with the EPA, because they will need intelligent folks like you (to check all those G body cars) as well as the multitude of other brands, makes, and models......... all for $15 dollars an hour.

The TSA is a prime example of government ineptitude.

And the EPA clean water folk????????

HOLY SHIT !!!!!!!!!!

Do you really think they will be able to hire enough capable people to catch more than 10 or 15 of us worthless, cheating and dirty, dirty anti-government detractors a year?

Got Damn, they can't even figure out the difference between a clean water source and completely polluted one.

Last edited:
You should turn in an application with the EPA, because they will need intelligent folks like you (to check all those G body cars) as well as the multitude of other brands, makes, and models......... all for $15 dollars an hour.

The TSA is a prime example of government ineptitude.

And the EPA clean water folk????????

HOLY SHIT !!!!!!!!!!

Do you really think they will be able to hire enough capable people to catch more than 10 or 15 of the worthless, cheating and dirty, dirty anti-government detractors a year?

Got Damn, they can't even figure out if one rivers' water is cleaner than another's.

Wait wait wait .. They raised the wages that much ! $15 an hour .. wow .. that's PHD material now .

IF the EPA had 2 brain cells they'd fight and kill each other ...

Wait wait wait .. They raised the wages that much ! $15 an hour .. wow .. that's PHD material now .

IF the EPA had 2 brain cells they'd fight and kill each other ...

They gotta keep up with those Seattle McDonalds stores.................

"Would you likes t' Super Size that, Mithtah?"

Last edited:
TurboTGuy and turbo89 want everybody to believe nothing is ever going to come of this. They think the government is stupid and can't catch a cold. Never mind the fact Casper's got busted AND was FORCED TO PAY under the old rules. These new proposed rules make it MUCH EASIER for the EPA to prosecute companies that cater to the same customer base Casper's did/does. The difference is, the fines will be higher and the standard for finding companies in violation of EPA regs will be much lower.

Yea, nothing to see here. It can never happen. Anyone trying to sound alarm bells about it is crazy, crying wolf, or no better than Chicken Little.

I'm beginning to wonder if TurboTGuy and turbo89 aren't on the EPA payroll and just trying to get everybody to ignore this so it DOES get passed. Either way, it doesn't sound like they give a crap about what happens to the industry or anyone else that may be affected in our community.

TurboTGuy and turbo89 want everybody to believe nothing is ever going to come of this. They think the government is stupid and can't catch a cold. Never mind the fact Casper's got busted AND was FORCED TO PAY under the old rules. These new proposed rules make it MUCH EASIER for the EPA to prosecute companies that cater to the same customer base Casper's did/does. The difference is, the fines will be higher and the standard for finding companies in violation of EPA regs will be much lower.

Yea, nothing to see here. It can never happen. Anyone trying to sound alarm bells about it is crazy, crying wolf, or no better than Chicken Little.

I'm beginning to wonder if TurboTGuy and turbo89 aren't on the EPA payroll and just trying to get everybody to ignore this so it DOES get passed. Either way, it doesn't sound like they give a crap about what happens to the industry or anyone else that may be affected in our community.

I don't want to see the proposed changes happen any more than you do. I've written my Congressman and Representatives, signed the SEMA petition, and filled out the SEMAGA form. What more are you looking for?

This is an internet message board, people are allowed to disagree with one another. I don't believe this will come down with the force that you believe it will, so what?

Perhaps you should work some fiber into your diet before you explode.

This is an internet message board, people are allowed to disagree with one another. I don't believe this will come down with the force that you believe it will, so what?

Perhaps you should work some fiber into your diet before you explode.

There's quite a bit of difference between simple disagreement and what you and turbo89 have been doing to me in this thread.

There's quite a bit of difference between simple disagreement and what you and turbo89 have been doing to me in this thread.

Honestly?

What is it you "feel" has been done to you here? Have you actually been or somehow felt hurt of some kind here, because that's certainly what you are indicating.

Kindly explain just exactly what has been "done" to you by anyone who has participated in this thread?

Does your daily life continue as it did before this thread, or has it somehow been damaged or negatively altered because of the comments in this thread? Has your work routine somehow been negatively impacted? Social life? Family life? Sex life?

And I'm not talking about the future and if the proposals are ratified. I'm talking about today. Right now, today.

Please explain.

Or, better yet, don't even bother.

Why?

Because it's the internet, nothing more, nothing less.

Again, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am on the same side as you here. Always have been. The fact that you refuse to understand this simple detail, well, that's on you.

Just as you do, I hope these BS proposals never come to fruition and/or affect any one of us personally. Try to wrap your head around that fact and move forward from there.

Anything else is just superfluous. Oh, and if you somehow missed the point, it's THE INTERNET for Kripe's sake !!!!

Good luck in your quest.

Last edited:
How many that are reading this post have been pulled over by "AGENTS" and FINED for running a test pipe on your Turbo Buick or Turbo Trans Am ?

How many that are reading this post have been pulled over by "AGENTS" and FINED for running a test pipe on your Turbo Buick or Turbo Trans Am ?

Why do you keep bringing this up?

Did I ever say the EPA was going to use these new rules to immediately target individual car owners? NO. They stated it was their intention to go after businesses first.

What happened to Casper's will seem insignificant compared to what they could do with these proposed regs.

Last edited:
There was no reason for you and turbo89 to act like jerks, that's all I'm saying.

I'm passionate about this because it has the potential to destroy my livelihood. Good for you if it isn't going to affect you, personally. But don't jump all over other people who it could have a profound impact on.

Last edited:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

We've written the proper Government officials, we've signed the petitions, we've filled out the forms.....

What more shall we do, oh wise one?

Would you and the poor, poor picked upon Darth Fiero PLEASE guide us lowly and uneducated folk to the promised land????? We obviously cannot think for ourselves and don't understand the workings of the big bad world that is out there.

We need leadership.........

Please help the unwashed masses and lead us to the way, the way to beat the EPA, as we are just minnows in the deep, deep, blue sea.

Last edited:
what should you do?
maybe let everyone that you can find know what the EPA wants to do, and instead of having a "it can never happen to me" attitude maybe look 10 steps into the future and see how they want to do it to you.. this isn't the kind of thing that they do with one giant sweep where they confiscate all cars that they think are illegal- this is the kind of thing where they go after the people that make the parts and wait for it to trickle down thru to the people at the bottom. i believe the phrase is "death by 1000 cuts" or something like that.

then come back to this thread in 10 years and complain about how the government finally made your car illegal and how it's such a travesty that no one did anything to stop it..

what should you do?
maybe let everyone that you can find know what the EPA wants to do, and instead of having a "it can never happen to me" attitude maybe look 10 steps into the future and see how they want to do it to you.. this isn't the kind of thing that they do with one giant sweep where they confiscate all cars that they think are illegal- this is the kind of thing where they go after the people that make the parts and wait for it to trickle down thru to the people at the bottom. i believe the phrase is "death by 1000 cuts" or something like that.

then come back to this thread in 10 years and complain about how the government finally made your car illegal and how it's such a travesty that no one did anything to stop it..

you don't seem to understand one fundamental flaw with the entire process ... the biggest problem ... enforcement .

let me just give you 1 example of many ... PROHIBITION .

They can ban all the parts they want .. I promise you there will still be TONS and TONS of parts in circulation .. Some people that make the parts will not .. but where there is opportunity for $$$$ or a challenge others will pick up where they left off .. and may even improve the parts ..

Don't be so naïve ... there are a lot of intelligent people out there that have nothing better to do with their time than to stick it to the man ..

Who knows in some strange way it may even benefit the masses ... it might mean a guy that drops 15K in cool guy parts to run 11's may actually have to use some stock parts to run the same numbers :) which means he could take the 12K he saved and have a few nice vacations , or if he was chicken little he could donate to a charity group to help repeal current EPA regulations or prevent future ones .