new door panels?? Jays GN??

national

I asked this question in the restoration part but as I figured no answers so I thought I would try to post it here to get an answer..Actually it could be considered tech as much as some other subjects before..Anyone get any upper door panels from jays gn yet? Ive heard that they are exact same factory material & Ive also heard that jax seat covers door panels are close but a shade darker..jays is suppose to be dead on..anyone know anything about this or not? Just looking for as close to factory original to be also mint shape for my GN..Please anyone voive there opinions or ecperience..no bashing just real truthful experience to help me with my decision..
Thanks,Brian

ive seen jays and they are super close and good quality. i have jax (leather) and they are a tad darker even in cloth, still good quality.jax redid my uppers and were great however i would specify pleat number to them as your door may have 34 instead of 36.

34 or 36 - never thought about it.

Do they sell the entire panel including the seal on the top edge/glass, and the trim pieces that the door strap goes into?

Hmm..I just counted both of mine & got 35..you do mean actual tread pleats & not the rolled up section..right? Ive never even thought of that either..is it different on all 87's or from 86-87 or what?Also..It could be that the one pleat in the front of door panel where it shuts against dash may have already dissappeared or something..
Thanks,Brian

your talking about jax not jay right?

no, you have to provide jax with the upper door panel , they recover and you get the felt strip new. no door pieces are given and i recomend you buy the special tool to remove the fragile plastic pieces and save the special inverted nut retainers in a plastic bag or something.

Re: your talking about jax not jay right?

Originally posted by gnocide
no, you have to provide jax with the upper door panel , they recover and you get the felt strip new. no door pieces are given and i recomend you buy the special tool to remove the fragile plastic pieces and save the special inverted nut retainers in a plastic bag or something.
What about with Jays? I thought I understood from him that you can just buy his but not sure what all comes with his either..I assumed the upper door panel with new backing & felt strip.. missing only the trim down the middle of it.. but I could be wrong..hopefully someone will know or maybe jay see this one..
Thanks,Brian

36 sections total including the section that gets mashed up on the dash. 86-87 should be the same.ill ask him tomorrow for you guys. his number is 724-925-2274

What about PUI interiors? Anyone had any experience with them..suppose to be like original but really not sure..price for door panels there is $199.00..
Gnocide..you ever hear anymore?
Thanks,
Brian

did see him brian, did not have any in stock but more comming in. sorry but i went to sema in vegas all week, ill get back into it for ya.

Thanks man..I got a sample of PUI interior colors & the gray is way off..theres is like a grayish/blue where mine all around bottom of back seat & all is def a light gray..even there black had a purple tint to it compared to my solid black with a flashlight on it at night...PUI says the use 100% original material..maybe material but not color..my seats & door panels are not faded either..any help would be greatly appreciated..
Brian