New Combo/parts coming

trailinjake

Very excited that I ordered some new parts and even more excited to see the results!!!
After tons of reading and talking with Bison, Dusty and some others, I ordered a new Billet 62 JB turbo.
I also ordered a PTC 9.5 NLU converter from Dusty. Hopefully I will see both pieces this week....
I have owned this car for about a year, and just freshened up the motor. I wasn't super happy with the street spool up using the 60 series turbo with a tight Art Carr converter. I never ran the old combo at the track but did a base tune on Dyno and made roughly 430RWHP at 17 PSI. This dyno session was done in late Oct. and I had a few issues to resolve before turning up the boost to make more power. Problems now resolved, I decided to change my combo up at bit. My ass dyno put the car around 11.7-11.9 with old combo as being a NA SBC 10 sec. bracket racer for years. Brian will be using a T-netics ex housing, and 4"x2.5. After the weather gets a bit warmer, she will be going back on the wheels for a final tune.... Hoping for a 10 sec street car. No cage in the future so the car won't see alot of track time....but things change :D

Awesome. You will really like Bison's turbo and the PTC converter. Will be cool to see how much your dyno numbers change.

Awesome. You will really like Bison's turbo and the PTC converter. Will be cool to see how much your dyno numbers change.
I do realize I wasn't working that 60 hard at all and could have put down some good numbers with it. After Brian explained to me that the turbo wheels were a bit of a miss-match, I decided to just upgrade to the billet. I'm thinking it's going to be a total new car. Hopefully I'll achieve my 10 second goal and just enjoy the car this year. As it's apart now, I'm having alot of things powder coated and cleaned up in the engine bay so that beautiful polished turbo feels right at home:cool:

You're gonna love that 6262 turbo. I have it on my car mated to a AC 16930 convertor. The car runs the 7.1 bracket all day on low boost with an easy tune. It's a legitimate 10 second turbo.

You're gonna love that 6262 turbo. I have it on my car mated to a AC 16930 convertor. The car runs the 7.1 bracket all day on low boost with an easy tune. It's a legitimate 10 second turbo.

That's the converter I had in my car (AC 16930) My 0/0 psi stall was 2600ish which I thought was a little tight. It locked up at 3200 on the dyno. I originally was going to restall it, but was worried it might slip too much on the big end.
What psi are you running at with you 62? Whats your combo running 7.1 and 11.5?

The quarter mile blast was awhile back when I first got it. I currently bracket race the car in the 7.1 class. Boost checks in around 22 PSI. Short time comes in at 1.6. To get it to spool real quick with the 16930 I pull a whack of fuel out of low gear and throw timing at it.

The quarter mile blast was awhile back when I first got it. I currently bracket race the car in the 7.1 class. Boost checks in around 22 PSI. Short time comes in at 1.6. To get it to spool real quick with the 16930 I pull a whack of fuel out of low gear and throw timing at it.
You have a PTE 6262?

Then you have two different turbochargers. I have used the precision 6262 on a few different combos. The unit Bison is sending the OP is a bit different. Looking forward to the results.

PTC torque converter arrived today! Dusty is top notch....1 week from day I ordered to the day I received it. Great timing too because I got my transmission back this am from Pro Built. They went thru everything making sure I wouldn't have any problems.

Attachments

• gntq2.jpg
    gntq2.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 132
  • gntq.jpg
    gntq.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 108
On a different note, this car had a "wood looking" spacer plate between the dog house and the manifold. Assuming it was used to prevent heat transfer maybe....?? I had received a GN1- 1" spacer plate from Santa. When taking the old spacer off, I noticed it wasn't cut to the inside dimensions and protruded in almost 5/8" all the way around. This had to cause serious intake air restrictions. I never separated the 2 when I rebuilt the motor.

Attachments

• dh.jpg
    dh.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 146
The spacer wasn't hurting anything. That must have been a way to make the airflow change paths in some shape form or fashion. You wont move enough air to make a hole that huge a restriction. Don't believe me...look at the throttle body and turbo outlet diameters.

The spacer wasn't hurting anything. That must have been a way to make the airflow change paths in some shape form or fashion. You wont move enough air to make a hole that huge a restriction. Don't believe me...look at the throttle body and turbo outlet diameters.
Guess your referring to the throttle body or turbo size in comparison to the dog house size in volume? I hear what your saying but why would you bother porting/polishing dog house and intake etc...I don't think this was any type of directional spacer, I'm thinking it was a spacer made for stock DH. Will it net me .5 ET gain....I'll agree with you not

jasjamz said:
^^^this. It's a little different at the turbo outlet because of the kinetic energy. Having a smooth transition there is very important since the compressor housing outlet is usually dumping into an intercooler pipe that has 2-3 times the cross sectional area. The flow through the engine is determined by the displacement and engine speed. This is why cross sectional area required/flow is very predictable. Most intercoolers don't even have close to the cross sectional area through the core as they do through the pipe going to the engine then on top of that a big whopping 70mm or larger throttle body. It's actually amusing.

Little bit of progress. Transmission and new converter are installed with new trans mount. Engine bay is now cleaned up and touched up painted. I removed both inner fenders and re-painted. I'll have all the parts back from being powder coated, rad, support, latch assembly, IC charge pipes, upper rad hose I made, CAI, and DP. Bison completed my custom turbo so I'll have it next week also... CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!!!!:p