New Bowling Green RACING CLASS 2007

This guy putting these rules together is a MORON! I've been playing with these cars for 20 years & i think i might be able to run a low 12 with stock parts, who knows maybe faster. :) How long has he been doing this? What do you plan on running? Put some realistic rules up & then put your money where your mouth is, this stock car would love to take it.... with bracing though.
100_1540.jpg

Were you around then? DO NOT DEGRADE MEMBERS! You have to be a little thick skinned if you are going to run a race class. Can you imagine is Scott, Lonnie, or Chris Lyons got this defensive every time some body questioned a rule;)
Bottom line is there is NO CONCRETE RULES HERE!!! It is ALL up to interpretation by the official. I tried to stay out of this once I realized where it was going. You keep quoting my and Jay's names. We are out of this. I have a few bone stock cars but don't' see the point in this class. That is my opinion I am entitled to it. Why would I take a car worth so much more, as you put it, and do anything to it. According to your post any mods hurt the value of a car. O wait as long as I can't see it in 5 minutes it doesn't count right......

Have fun with it, I wish you the best. Please re frame from belittling other members for their posts, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Also please leave mine and Jay's name out of it too.

Post on.........& Good Luck!

Wow a little touchy since "every one is entitled to their own oppinion" I thought the explanation for the rules was straight forward and left nothing out. If I read the rules like they are explained to me they are completely concrete. Much like the rules for any class I can read between the lines. I felt that the "between the lines" was pretty well explained in the post explaining what the intent was. Hell I would love to put a car together for this class but there are things done to my car that I am not willing to reverse for this but if I had another I would be all over it. I think it would be awesome to see a car that appears stock in all aspects but could run mid 10s or faster. I truly believe that can be accomplished without butchering any part of the car period. Plenty of internal mods can be done and still appear stock. Look at Reds "OLD" recipes and you might just agree, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I am right. Yea I agree its alittle late to try to put a class together like this but hey whatever floats your boat. Sorry if any one was offended or anything else just my thoughts..............

This guy putting these rules together is a MORON! I've been playing with these cars for 20 years & i think i might be able to run a low 12 with stock parts, who knows maybe faster. :) How long has he been doing this? What do you plan on running? Put some realistic rules up & then put your money where your mouth is, this stock car would love to take it.... with bracing though.
100_1540.jpg

Again stock parts (externally stock appearing) Never seen a 109 bored and stroked with an unmarked set of race ported heads huh? Ruggles did plenty in the buick v6 world that looked stock way before the early 90s

along time ago cars where doing low 12s almost bone stock.some vendors advertised it was less than $1000
WITH NO BRACING OR SUSPENSION MODS-
CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT?

I'm sure but just how many of those guys was running stock boost solenoids, turbo, DP, cats, mufflers, and accuators?

I'm not scared yet. :)

It sounds like this is just up your alley witha stock car. You don't have to run 12's to win this, you just have to be able to nick pick the winners car ;)

as long as you show up with a turbo regal and follow the rules on pg 6

easy money right

So what is the bottom line here? Is this going to be a bone stock class or another tss class? Are cars going to be running Stock turbo's or any TA style? I think things have gotten sidelined from the original intent of seeing 20 year old Stock musclecars going at it with modern tuning & drag radials.

bottom line on pg 6 marked rules

bone stock appearing class detectable from a visual inspection according to those rules-it has to looklike it did in 86-87 the first time you seen one at a dealership or unmodified

anything else is totally acceptable tss, tsm ,tso or not(internal modifications unlimited)

any size stock appearing turbo set up the stock way with elbow and stock downpipe and breather and air intake-(no ram air,cold air or holes cut in breather box)

lots of people have lost touch with what a real stock looking car looks like.
the only hard part of this class is looking stock under the hood ,chassis and interior

Bone stock to me means a STOCK turbo. It seems nobody knows how or wants?? to go fast with stock parts these days. You talk about how it was in 86 -87 but there were very little parts available. There were certainly NO stroked 109, ported head, roller cammed, TA-64 cars rolling around. Good luck with your JOKE of a TSS class.

Post a true stock turbo class up & i bet you will find some very fast, well scienced cars from some talented people. There are a lot of guys who take pride in ringing out there stock combo's & it would certainly be more entertaining than watching another class of race cars. JMO

sorry you dont like the class name -doesnt change the rules though

tss car rules are not the same and will not pass tech inspection

1000 dollars to the winner if your car looks stock and you have any ingenuity or can read between the lines and mod/tune your stock appearing car for quick ets

Wow.... sounds like a lot of fun & stuff but i'm going to pass on this swell class. Good luck with your non braced, no safety equipment racing cars.

Anybody with stock turbo'd cars want to get a little shootout going? Might be fun. :)

braces and saftey equipment for 13.9 et to qualify??????:confused:

unbelievable
i dont think nhra or irha share your strict convictions-thank god;)

I'm not talking about a 13.9 run on a "Bone stock car" that your class name implies. I'm talking about safety equipment for a Ported, stroked, roller cammed 109 with a LARGE TA turbo that your rules allow. Are you & the track waiving safety rules so such a massaged combo. can run & retain stock apperances? If you don't think such a combo will run an 11.49 you better think again. And please post the waiver from the NHRA, IHRA & track officials so someone doesn't waist there time putting such a car together & be bumped for running to fast with NO safety equipment. This ought to be good. :)

In my opinion.... This class is soooo ridiculous, that I almost want to run it... :D

We went 117+ mph years ago with these "rules". And I'm sure others have gone faster/quicker. Now with new technology.... :cool:

This is what I'd call a class for the "cheaters"... You know, the guys/gals cars where everything is hidden. If it can't be seen... :p

What's the official name of the class?? Bone Stock Turbo??

K.

GOOD NEWS!! I just found out that a TA-66GTQ will be my "bone stock" turbo. I just hope i can manage that 13.9??

Still waiting on those safety waivers Mr. tech. Anyone there??

Richard, what about T-Top cars with the Rear Seat brace and Front Braces - otherwise Bone stock? Allowed?? Sounds like a Real FUN Class!!

No braces allowed. If you have a GNX they will be happy to sawzall them out for you. You would think Kirban would want to see his braces all over these cars? He is promoting the class.

seriously guys, i have a turbo charged cutlass ciera international. blow any gn or gnx off the street. barely street legal fellas.... i would like to post some pics of my ride but am new to this but not sure how.