new body mount bushings

jwheelz1212

i got a new set of poly body mount bushings, i have a lift and any tool i need just wondering what the best way to install them. i had a incident when i did my friends on his car where the jack went out on me so im just looking for the easiest way.

thank you

Like was said. Loosen all but only take the bolts out of 1 side at a time. Jack up the side you plan on doing first and put some blocks of wood in between body and frame for safety. Once bushings are done lower that side and put the bolts back in. Then do the other side.:)

Is it a good idea to remove the bumpers? Especially with 'glass bumper fillers?

I would take them off. I took mine off when I did the job. You might be able to get away without doing it, but why risk damaging stuff for 10 minutes of work?

Yeah follow the instructions for one side at a time you dont need the body shifting. Lube all the bolts you can reach the day before to lessen the chance of you breaking a bolt or body nut.

Here's one write up on the subject.
Bushing Replacement Procedure

Be careful of the power steering fluid reservoir when you lift the body on the driver side. Please let us know how you do. This is a job that I still need to do.

Good luck
~JM~

Kick ass.

I knew you should remove the bumpers - but I didn't want to ruffle Charlie's feathers - he gets whiny when people correct his tech suggestions. ;)

Kick ass.

I knew you should remove the bumpers - but I didn't want to ruffle Charlie's feathers - he gets whiny when people correct his tech suggestions. ;)

I forget 1 tech thing in 5 years and now I know you'll never let me forget it, will you Mark.:rolleyes:

Glad that we could've helped you out. :biggrin:

no i dident get to take her for a ride yet, we have alot of snow, i just installed new injectors and a tune, tubular uppers and lowers for the rear too, cant wait to see how much of a difference it all makes!
You take her for a ride yet? How'd she feel?

I wish I could feel what each part does I've never driven my car but have been doing everything to it I did the poly body bushings too let me know how it rides when you get it out.

where did you get your bushings?

Mine are shot that is a winter project I have on my list......

Also curious to know how the ride is.

Thanks!