new best, now in the 9's

1985GN

Breaking parts
drove a little over an hour to the track and leaving softly with a 1.56 60' went a 9.994 at 137.2, next pass left at same boost and with a 1.55 60' went a 9.91 at 137.8 and 111.4 mph in the 1/8, let out a little up top cause i thought i heard something...went for one more pass and left a little harder with a 1.48 60' but heard a weird noise and let out...drove the car home and when i was close to home i laid into it to see what that noise was and then the headgasket reared its ugly head..all in all i think she has a 9.7 in her and some more mph as it seems to have fallen off up top a little bit but i cant complain too much....

Is it a stock block?
Was there any KR or other indications the HG was on its way out?

stock block and ported irons...blew a piston 2 months ago and freshed the bottom end up with a fresh set of cometics....no detonation just pushed it to much on alky this time around

Nick..I was there last night with the white ranger and saw your passes,car sounded great,did notice on your last pass the downpipe was glowing bright red...could see it from the pass side wheel well....Dave

Pushing too much on alky

stock block and ported irons...blew a piston 2 months ago and freshed the bottom end up with a fresh set of cometics....no detonation just pushed it to much on alky this time around

That's moving:biggrin: Do you mind telling me what you meant by pushing it to much on alky? And what that did to the piston?

qwksht this is not nick although he was there with me he ran into problems and could not make any more passes...combo is a stock 109 block, ported irons, ported intake, 72's, 3" DP and 3" single exhaust, 215/220 roller cam 70 ball bearing q trim, and a 3200 pats performance stall in a th350, car weighs in around 3700..as for the piston it was the fault of an msd box going south and cuasing a head gasket to go that ended up taking out a piston as well..as far as pushing the alky i got greedy on that last pass and upped the boost a little too much, lol

thats one set of head gaskets i would be smiling about the whole time i was changing them..ur my new hero!

Might have said, but what boost levels were you able to run?
What boost psi gave the headgasket a boot?

I am trying to accomplish exactly what you did. The 60' and MPH are perfect.
Do you usually run high 9s?

What do you normally run, when you are not pushing the car so much?

Cool man
Do you run a spool?/boost controller? Thanks

i usually run 29-30 psi and on my second pass i had it around 32psi but did not seem to gain anyhting but left the controller alone for the 3rd pass and thats when they must have gotten hurt...its a stock rear axle with a set of moser axles in it....for a boost controller i run a ams500 and its dead on everytime

congrats :cool: have to give one thing to ya.. ya broke it and just fixed it rather that having a 10 page thread on the "what happened" :biggrin: **** happeneds and ya...we do push these cars like they are suppose to be.!! :biggrin:

i hear ya grumpy **** does happen when you want to push them its all part of trying to go fast so i dont mind it plus it only costs parts when the thing breaks never any labor, lol...hope to give it another go in like 2 weeks once i have it back together i got the 60' almost down just gotta play with the tune a little bit more and hit my goal and of course drive the hour to and from the track as always