New best last night!

Steve Yaklin. He's the godfather of the MaxEffort chip. It's very similar to Eric's speed density chip. Steve dropped out of circulation for awhile but I did get an email from him recently that he's ready to get back into it. This is the latest contact info, that I have:
maxeffortfuinj@charter.net

OK, here's the vid. Quality is not good. The car needs valve springs, you can hear it bigtime before the 1-2 shift. This happens right at 6200 rpm. Other than that pretty clean pass.
YouTube - Scott Atk @ Midnight Mayhem Las Vegas 7-28-2010
Thanks Mark, Still using the BigMouth
wb, Fuel is 2 gallons 116 Sunoco on top of 3 gallons 100 unleaded. Boost is relatively low at 26 psi, Can't go any higher until I put more injector in it.

Man that was sweeeeet ! if only i could get my car to run that hard.... congrats.

Scott, what kind of changes did you make to pick up that much? Did you switch from a 200 to a 400?

Thanks

John

John, Honestly, I've changed a bunch of stuff. My previous best was set back in 06. I kept throwing money at it and never could improve. I think the switch to the TH400/PTC combo was huge. Also, going to the Cometics has made my blowing water issues a thing of the past.
Also, I know you were waiting for feedback on the 325 radials. I only made one pass with them. 1.73 60ft leaving with no boost. Once the boost came up, I had a good amount of tire shake. I let off and got back into it and went 139.99 mph. That's when I knew it would be a good night as my previous best MPH was 138. :)

Scott i think it's the rev limiter you are hearing between the 1 to 2 shift. The run sounds clean the rest of the way down the track. Congrats on a beautiful car with great power.

Congratulations Scott....glad I was there to witness the event. Now it's time for bigger injectors and TWIN Turbos! (Alicia will understand!):biggrin::biggrin:

John, Honestly, I've changed a bunch of stuff. My previous best was set back in 06. I kept throwing money at it and never could improve. I think the switch to the TH400/PTC combo was huge. Also, going to the Cometics has made my blowing water issues a thing of the past.
Also, I know you were waiting for feedback on the 325 radials. I only made one pass with them. 1.73 60ft leaving with no boost. Once the boost came up, I had a good amount of tire shake. I let off and got back into it and went 139.99 mph. That's when I knew it would be a good night as my previous best MPH was 138. :)

Hopefully the radials will work out better soon. I have been told that the gearing in the 400 is better suited for faster cars & the 200 may be leaving a little on the table. At least you got tire shake with the radials, they were just going up in smoke for me. How much air was in them? More pressure should get rid of the shake. I always started at 14 & went up 1psi at a time till that went away.

John