NEW ac compressor??

Years ago I recall Brett at Savannah air was a sponsor at turbobuicks. He had some sort of kit that had everything including more efficient stuff.

I was going to research his stuff if I ever get around to fixing my A.C. I still have 20#s of R12 stashed away so I don't have to convert to 134

FWIW, The NAPA kit, [Pt number TEM18680N], has the flush included. My cost is $208.
The condenser [Ready Air pt # 2035] crosses over to a Modine number 7-4013] It is $96.
I ordered the kit and the condenser. we'll see.

Thanks for the help!

Years ago I recall Brett at Savannah air was a sponsor at turbobuicks. He had some sort of kit that had everything including more efficient stuff.

I was going to research his stuff if I ever get around to fixing my A.C. I still have 20#s of R12 stashed away so I don't have to convert to 134

It was an OK kit. The compressor rattles like a box of rocks but has been reliable. I just need to take the hoses off someday and get the lines redone.

Curious if the condenser is the new multi pass, instead of the old single pass tube style. I have been looking into getting a part number for the newer style.

Curious if the condenser is the new multi pass, instead of the old single pass tube style. I have been looking into getting a part number for the newer style.

Hopefully, it's the multi-pass. That's what the Ready Air is supposed to be.

Yes the compressor stuck and the clutch slipped. That's a shame....you had a good tight system to keep the R-12 charge this long. A piston probably pulled out of a yoke or a reed broke. After GM stopped building the R-4 compressor I believe they were/are being built in Texas. Mine lost charge last year and I was able to stay with R-12.

I bought a new compressor 1 yr warranty and the clutch crapped out in 13 months, mad is not the word.

Back to "dual/multi pass" condensors.....How to tell the difference???
I just got the Modine pt # 7-4013. [Crossed to it from the Ready Air 2035.]
It looks just like the original part off of my 86T.
It has a looped tube end opposite the in/out lines, and a manifold that feeds the core w/ individual lines.

That part number is OE style. They call it a piccolo condenser. Kind of like a hybrid serpentine and multi-pass. This pic shows the difference between an R12 serpentine, R134 serpentine and a multi-pass condenser.
condensers.png

I had read somewhere that there is a 3rd gen camaro condensing that will fit. I don't know where I read it, or what the part number would be.

That part number is OE style. They call it a piccolo condenser. Kind of like a hybrid serpentine and multi-pass. This pic shows the difference between an R12 serpentine, R134 serpentine and a multi-pass condenser.
View attachment 250629

Dumb?Is the description from left to right in the picture??
Might you have a pt # for the multipass unit?

Hmmm, I'll have to float around the web later to see if I turn something up. The OE style is not the best for r134.

Yup. R12 on the left, r134 serpentine in the middle and r134 multi-pass on the right. The piccolo style condenser is a "multi-pass condesner", it has baffles in it. The only difference between a piccolo and a modern multi-pass is the size of the tubes. The piccolo has has tubes like the picture on the left and a refrigerant path like the style on the right of the picture. The reason a modern condenser cools better is they can fit 10 times the tubes in.