Need Suggestions for New Front Tires

JadeMonkeyStang

TRs on the Brain
I need a new set of front tires for the GN. My car has Eibach pro-kit springs so it is 1" lower in the front and .8" lower in the rear. BFG T/As in 235/60/15 have been suggested but I am not sure that they will not rub as the car is lowered and they are a bit wider than the stockers.

My car is 95% a street car so I'd like something that might improve my handling a bit and have a decent ride on our potholed NJ roads. That being said I do have the MT DRs on the back so I'd like to find something that would fit in with those appearance wise if at all possible. Are the BFGs listed above my best bet? Any advice or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Don't know how much the 1" lowering will affect rubbing, I'm guessing it might cause rubbing issues.
I have Yokohama 235 60 x 15 up front with no issues, but I am stock height. I'm satisfied with the Yokohama fronts & they work ok in the rain (it does rain in Florida & my TR is a daily driver.

BFG T/A is a good afforable tire, check out the P225/60R15. It's S-rated for sustained speeds up to 112 mph. On a 7" wide rim it's 25.6" tall, that's almost 1" shorter than a 235/60R15 and only 1/2" wider cross-section than the stock 215/65R15. It will still support 1521 lbs. each @ 35 psi. Standard size tire for mid 80's Mustang GT's. - Jimmy

Thanks for the info guys. Keep it coming!

I'll look into the 225/60/15s as well. If those were stock on 80's GTs they should be fairly affordable and easy to find.

Mickey's for the front.

If you're looking for something to match your Mickey drag radials, take a look at Mickey Thompson part number 6650.
Sportsman SR Radials 26x8 sidewall size.

672-6650.jpg

672-6650_1.jpg

672-6650_2.jpg

They claim 26" tall, 7" wide tread on a 6" wheel, but on our stock 7" wheels, it would probabaly be around 25.8" tall.

Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels

Just passing it along.

Patrick