Need reputable engine builder near Columbus,Oh area

Jeff Moore

One that can rebuild a 'stock '87 GN 3.8 V6 engine with few mods, and is capable of 'balancing.. the rotating assembly.. PLEASE .. provide me with someone who has PROVEN experience with the turbo 3.8 v6 engines.. and is fair and honest..

Thanks >> call 937-585-5060 or email..

I hear this guy named Izzy is pretty good with these engines and may be able to help you out. He's not that far from Columbus.

PLEASE .. provide me with someone who has PROVEN experience with the turbo 3.8 v6 engines.. and is fair and honest......

Just my opinion, Izzy may be "pretty good", but Weber is a proven builder of turbo Buick engines for over 25 years.

Of course it sounds like your objective is a quality build, not one based upon just the least cost.

Just my opinion, Izzy may be "pretty good", but Weber is a proven builder of turbo Buick engines for over 25 years.

Of course it sounds like your objective is a quality build, not one based upon just the least cost.
Yes U are right..want a quality builder .. with a 'proven product.. NOT a loser who works out of his house or his 'Ma and Pops garage! been there done that!

It sure sounded like he was looking for someone in the Columbus area. Maybe i should brush up on my reading and comprehension skills.

Before i posted and mentioned Izzy. I called him and told him about this thread and who it was looking for an engine builder for his GN engine. It seems they know each other and Izzy asked me to post the reply the way i did.

You should consider Cruz Performance inTampa FL, he has built some of the BEST engines in the Buick world, MINE INCLUDED,!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHECK OUT SIGNATURE, Don deals with Motors from all over the US an Puerto Rico, shipping costs are more resonable then you think.

Give him a call 813 399 0409, YOU WANT BE DISAPPIONTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One that can rebuild a 'stock '87 GN 3.8 V6 engine with few mods, and is capable of 'balancing.. the rotating assembly.. PLEASE .. provide me with someone who has PROVEN experience with the turbo 3.8 v6 engines.. and is fair and honest..

Thanks >> call 937-585-5060 or email..
There are a few great TB v6 engine builders across the U.S. IMO, I wouldn't limit myself to someone local. I live in PA but had a motor built for me in Arizona and a top half of another built in Alabama.

Weber did the short block in my car, as well as multiple other 109 block builds I put together for customers.

I had an entire stroker long block built by Weber this year, I highly recommend them! After 2 "home garage" builds I finally decided to have it done right. Brain and Bill know their stuff and provided excellent customer service, they also do all their machine work in house. That shop is very clean and organized too, which says a lot about their quality of work in my opinion. Feel free to PM me with any questions....

NOT a loser who works out of his house or his 'Ma and Pops garage

I build plenty of engines that have been very successful out of my garage for customers. Sometimes we are as good or better than others.

I will however let you know that Weber does most of my machine work on my Buick builds.

I can help but Weber is also a great choice.

Fell free to PM me if you want to talk.

NOT a loser who works out of his house or his 'Ma and Pops garage

I build plenty of engines that have been very successful out of my garage for customers. Sometimes we are as good or better than others.

I will however let you know that Weber does most of my machine work on my Buick builds.

I can help but Weber is also a great choice.

Fell free to PM me if you want to talk.

Ya ..can't make every body happy .....with what I say.. .. Like everything in life ..we don't want a few 'bad apples to mess up the whole barrel!..
I've had many good responses and PMs ..You can't just let anyone work on these engines!!...as I'm finding out..!!.. I'll give U a PM..

That I will agree with. These engines are not like SB, they nee more care and attention given. It is also the reason you cant build them for 500 dollars like an SBC. They require a little more labor to check, recheck and verify and polish.

I personally blue print every front cover and ensure that all clearances, torque specs and pieces fit like they should. This requires some more labor, but makes a better build.

If nothing else you are welcome to PM and call me and I will help in what ever way we can.

Thank You

If you decide on going outside of your local area , I would suggest Richard Clark in Burlington NC. He is extremely anal with his measurements !!!

Bryan

I am a loser working out of my garage so I wont be able to help out....I guess go to weber

I am a loser working out of my garage so I wont be able to help out....I guess go to weber

NOW..NOW.. don't lose the Xmas spirit!! Like I said earlier ... "We don't want a few 'bad apples to mess up the whole barrel" I see Weber is #10 with all of you on this board...... and I appreciate the support as I have received allot ...

Any reputable machine shop should be able to help you out. Nothing magical inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk