New engine build, need advice

psn

I'm gathering information regarding my first tb engine rebuild. Any advice is appreciated, I've been reading a lot and know "the basics", but still a newbie here, so bear with me.

What I have:
- 109 block, everything stock, perhaps the only mod is ported intake/plenum and an RJC power plate
- Schwitzer S400, 65mm inducer wheel, turbine a/r ~1,25
- 60lbs injectors, tt chip, hotwire kit +walbro pump, accufab regulator
- 3" dp, 2,5" dual exhaust
- FMIC
- CKperformance TH400, 3200 stall converter (awaiting installation)
- Scanmaster, Innovate LC-1(pos)
- poly motor mounts and some other supporting mods I can't remember at the moment

What I want:
To have a streetable engine that can release the full potential of the turbo. I refuse to set any horsepower goals. I will not be using alcohol injection unless absolutely necessary.

What I need?
- Girdled block, still not quite sure whether to use steel caps with the girdle?
- Hydraulic roller cam setup with aluminum heads. I was thinking of the TA heads, but which ones, SE or SI? Should I go custom grind, or will an off the shelf cam be sufficient? How about the power band? Will I be revving the engine over 6,000rpm?
- Forged rotating assembly, in this one I am lacking a fair amount of knowledge
- Preferably one vendor that can supply all the parts/advice/experience
- Something else? Intake, fuel lines/rails bigger dp/exhaust whatever comes to mind?

The machine work will be done by someone here in Finland and assembly will be done by me and a friend, who has built drag racing engines before (mainly Fords, but nontheless:biggrin:)

YOur list looks good.

TA Performance has averything you need. RJC girdle with stock caps (machined per the girdle install instructions) Comp Austemper Hydraulic roller 215/220, TA heads, matching rocker arms. Cometic gaskets, TA oil pump and timing cover as it REALLY moves alot more oil than a stock system EVER could. (ask me how I know that?;)) Most of the vendor on here can set you up, too. This should be capable of handeling what ever you throw at it. There are much better turbos out there these days, though. 6765 Precision will get you in the 10.0 range, and spool nice, too.

YOur list looks good.

TA Performance has averything you need. RJC girdle with stock caps (machined per the girdle install instructions) Comp Austemper Hydraulic roller 215/220, TA heads, matching rocker arms. Cometic gaskets, TA oil pump and timing cover as it REALLY moves alot more oil than a stock system EVER could. (ask me how I know that?;)) Most of the vendor on here can set you up, too. This should be capable of handeling what ever you throw at it. There are much better turbos out there these days, though. 6765 Precision will get you in the 10.0 range, and spool nice, too.

Are the oil pump and timing cover upgrades considered as a 'must'? Never thought of those really. The Schwitzer cost me next to nothing, so I will use it and call this a low budget build.:smile:

I will e-mail you with a list of questions so that I have the proper information as to your ultimate use and goals. :)

Listen to Nick. He knows a thing or two about these cars. (not quite three yet, but at least two.;):biggrin:) he's a "youngster"):p

You can even call him and he WILL talk with you, too.