Need help selecting a turbo

GN FAN said:
Appreciate all the input from everyone..............i guess i should look at the tune before anything else..........the only reason i asked the original question is because i have some play money and assumed that the easiest way to add power was bigger turbo, given the motor upgrades.

My new question now i guess is the chip worth playing with or would a fast system allow for a more in depth and reliable method of fine tuning based on experience of those that have used both...........i would be more apt to go to a tuning session on a dyno as i don't have the time or access to track t&t

Paying a tuner to tune your car would likely net the most power gain per $ spent at this point. Your car should have at least 116-117mph in it with the current stuff.

A tuner can't help your 60ft, boost limit, or go any leaner than you are now. Something is going to have to give here. I agree with others. Run less timing, more boost, and a richer A/F ratio like 11.2-11.5 on your wideband. You can add fuel to the WOT parameter in the chip. Pull the same amount you added out of 1st gear fuel,parameter 2. Run 25* of timing in 1st&2nd and 22* in third gear. Never let it go into overdrive racing. Keep it in "D". Get the car to leave hard. Try mashing the brakes after a good burnout. Smash the throttle to the floor and release the brakes when you know the car will not hold. Don't worry about cutting a good light, or holding a certain psi while the tree falls. Run it to the 1/8 until you get the 1st part of the quarter figured out. High gear is easy.
HTH

A tuner can't help your 60ft, boost limit, or go any leaner than you are now. Something is going to have to give here. I agree with others. Run less timing, more boost, and a richer A/F ratio like 11.2-11.5 on your wideband. You can add fuel to the WOT parameter in the chip. Pull the same amount you added out of 1st gear fuel,parameter 2. Run 25* of timing in 1st&2nd and 22* in third gear. Never let it go into overdrive racing. Keep it in "D". Get the car to leave hard. Try mashing the brakes after a good burnout. Smash the throttle to the floor and release the brakes when you know the car will not hold. Don't worry about cutting a good light, or holding a certain psi while the tree falls. Run it to the 1/8 until you get the 1st part of the quarter figured out. High gear is easy.
HTH

i don't manually shift the car anyway, just leave it in 3rd the whole way down...........i will look into the chip settings and see what works out or needs adjusted..........as far as my launch technique, i guess the bracket racer in me wants to try and both get a good launch and cut a good light all at the same time lol. my 1/8 mile times were right around 7.8s if i recall correctly

Record a run on Powerlogger on the default settings. If this chip is burned for your exact combination...then you should find your WOT fuel...and your low gear fuel...to be pig rich.