Need help. No power (electrical) at all.

GrndNatnl

Regal of the Dark Order
Hello folks,

I have an problem. Car has been sitting for a while, and the battery tender died, so the battery eventually died. I just stuck a new battery in, and when to fire the car up to back it out of the garage. But right when I opened the door something went "click" or "pop" and everything went out. Entire vehicle, no power. I started checking fuses, but none appear blown. I didn't go through each of them, as some are only minor accessory circuits obviously. But I may have missed one. There are the two 30A breakers in the fuse panel that I temporarily swapped for 30A fuses, but still nothing.

Is there something else that trips the entire electrical system if there is a short somewhere? I'm completely baffled by this at the moment.

Any electrical system gurus? Or any recommendation where to look?

Ok, update. I never keyed the ignition on. Which I just did, and there is power. However, no security light flash, no interior lamps, and no under hood light.

It's not fusible links, because I replaced and relocated all those with the kit from Casper's Electronics, and did a mighty fine job. Something killed this circuit right when I opened the door, and I'm not sure what fuse they are, because the fuses that I checked that would have been indicative of interior lamps appear fine. But I'll try replacing the fuses anyway.

check the ctsy lamp fuse

security fuses are on the harness and tucked up under the dash to the lower right of the gauge cluster

I found it.

It was the damn cig lighter fuse. The rear interior is out because I'm getting ready to have the windows tinted and they prefer it to be out to do the best job possible. When I removed the rear interior lights, apparently the wires were touching on one side and popped the fuse. But I did not think it was THAT particular fuse.

Thanks for the tip, Pauly.

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed. Glad you found it quick, electrical gremlins can be such a pita.