Need help choosing new wheels..

I'd go with Budniks just like Spoolfool2's:biggrin:

I just bumped up the Budnik thread. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...eels/320013-first-ever-alum-gn-rims-pics.html So far, no one has done them in 17's or 18's. Someone did a photo shop pic on the last page to see what they'd look like, and it's pretty cool. Budnik will be at next weekend's "Cool car show" in Huntington beach. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/south-western-area/342612-thinking-doing-cool-car-show.html

alumGNrims020.jpg

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

One thing i can see is budnik wheel well bring more attention to your car in a good way so i guess either one are great looking wheels.

Al

Ok guys i have decided to go with the budnik's... Now i need help with the size. 17'' in front and 18's in the rear or 18's all around?

Thanks for the help.

Ok guys i have decided to go with the budnik's... Now i need help with the size. 17'' in front and 18's in the rear or 18's all around?

Thanks for the help.

I'd say, ask Alan Budnik himself, at the Saturday Buick get together. He wanted me to do 17's all around, on my car. I'm sure that if I'd listened to him, my car would have looked even better. However, I went with the 15s and have enjoyed doing 1.39 short times at the track with them. This would have never happened on 17s or 18s. If I had Gary's money, I'd have the 17s or 18s for the street and the 15s for the track.

Mike B.

18's

I'm going 18's all around i should be ordering my wheels by next week thanks for all the help guys much appreciated. Thanks spoolfool2 for stepping up i am right behind you.

Miggy, first decide what is the practical purpose of the car. Are you setting it up to drag, road race,Trying to impress the Compton crowd or what ever. The TR has a drag racing heritage & that should be the correct theme. So avoid any wheels that make the car look like a circus wagon. Set it up to make it look like it means business. Study cars the are seen at the track & what wheels they are using. The weld draglites which are now dated were my favorite. The larger the wheel diameter the worst the car rides & the harder it is to hook the car up. Plus tire choice gets reduced. Spoolfools car is an excellent example of how a Buick should look. I know I will be accused of being old school but its hard to argue with success. You have my permission to say shut up stupid if I'm wrong.

Miggy, first decide what is the practical purpose of the car. Are you setting it up to drag, road race,Trying to impress the Compton crowd or what ever. The TR has a drag racing heritage & that should be the correct theme. So avoid any wheels that make the car look like a circus wagon. Set it up to make it look like it means business. Study cars the are seen at the track & what wheels they are using. The weld draglites which are now dated were my favorite. The larger the wheel diameter the worst the car rides & the harder it is to hook the car up. Plus tire choice gets reduced. Spoolfools car is an excellent example of how a Buick should look. I know I will be accused of being old school but its hard to argue with success. You have my permission to say shut up stupid if I'm wrong.

Thanks for your opinion LOU first of all i am not trying impress compton, you or anyone else for that matter. By you saying that to me shows what kind of racists person you really are, I come from the ghetto therefore i don't appreciate your comment. Please don't worry about my wheels worry about your success.

WOW, someone got their panties in a knot?

Thanks for your opinion LOU first of all i am not trying impress compton, you or anyone else for that matter. By you saying that to me shows what kind of racists person you really are, I come from the ghetto therefore i don't appreciate your comment. Please don't worry about my wheels worry about your success.

he voiced an opinion, and offered a joke,
you respond cynically, :eek:

he voiced an opinion, and offered a joke,
you respond cynically, :eek:

:rolleyes: YES HE VOICED HIS OPINION...YES HE OFFERED A "JOKE"....YES MIGGY RESPONDED.....SO LET THIS TWO GROWN MEN HANDLE IT!!!!!! IAM SURE THEY DONT NEED CHEERLEADERS:biggrin:

Please for the people that can't keep there comments to themselves don't bother posting. This thread is about choosing wheels and that is it. Its always the same smart clown's killing eveybodys thread including my specail sunday one.

IT'S FUNNY HOW EVERYONE LOOKED AT HAROLD AS AN IDIOT ON HERE BUT THEN WE HAVE PEOPLE ACTING JUST LIKE HIM.

since these are open forums

I thought anyone could comment on anything.

but I guess some people think other wise.

they probably voted for obummer! LOL:biggrin: