Need Advice

HRobertson1

I have done a lot of reading, but still confused. My turbo went out last week, and am lucky enough to get a stock replacement from dsapper to get me back on the road. With my current set up, what would be my best bet for an upgrade in the near future? I already have a set of ported heads that will be going on in a few months. I would like for it to just swap, and hopefully keep the same converter. If it makes more sense to change converters for a better turbo then I dont mind.

Thanks,

Henry

Determine your performance level first and it will help us to help you. the stall of the existing converter, ie stk D-5, 2800, etc. 11.0's, 11.5's, etc. You have a braod range of options depending on your stall. The best option, if funds are available, is the matching turbo/converter choice and send the chip back to Eric for the new combo upgrade.

Well I would eventually like to see a 10, but im shooting for the mid to low 11's. I quickly came to realize that replacing the turbo has a domino effect. I think I will buy each piece when I can (Turbo, converter, Intercooler, and chip) until I get them all. Then put all of them along with the ported heads on at the same time. What do you think?

Well I would eventually like to see a 10, but im shooting for the mid to low 11's. I quickly came to realize that replacing the turbo has a domino effect. I think I will buy each piece when I can (Turbo, converter, Intercooler, and chip) until I get them all. Then put all of them along with the ported heads on at the same time. What do you think?
That's do-able. 11.5's and faster, you will have to consider a trans upgrade and I would consider a hyd roller.
It sure is easy when it comes to spending other peoples money. (Hey, I'm a politician! My mother always said I'd never amount to anything!lol)jk