need a motor...advice on builder?

jcawley3

Well my motor bit the dust...sounds like a little midgit is in there beating on it with a hammer.....anyway, I want to have the car built to run mid 11's.....this is not a dragstrip car. It see's about 10-15 passes a year and about 4000 street miles a year. I want the car to drive very smooth and comfortable on the street but be able the lay the smack down if a vette wants some....I'm also want the reliablity of jumping in it and driving to the beach with no problems ie. tuning and tweaking it all the time. I would also like the valve train to be somewhat quiet doesn't have to be as quiet as stock but just not raising hell like some of the built up motors I've heard...........so my question is...what are my options? what would some of you guys do? I have someone local that is very good with these cars that can pull mine, install new and tune it for me. I've been told to look at groomes and weber.....???? I'm very lost here any help would be great....

if you need more info to help me please ask.....my bolt on's are in sig.

First thing first....what is your budget?

IMHO....I would build the bottom end to the max. Billet center caps, forged pistons, better rods and if you can find a forged crank. With the bottom end built up, you can add whatever you want to the top. No need for a girdle for your time expectations.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

IMHO....I would build the bottom end to the max. Billet center caps, forged pistons, better rods and if you can find a forged crank. With the bottom end built up, you can add whatever you want to the top. No need for a girdle for your time expectations.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

buget?.....tough question....I don't really know what a ballpark is......3K? or less???? however I'm not gonna let another couple hundred or 1k keep me from getting a lot more motor ......I can't spent a ton but a don't want a pos either....

I don't think I can afford them....heard they are pretty $$$$$???

Unfortunately you usually get what you pay for.

RPE out of Hartford Connecticut (860) 953-1342 is just as good. Not sure what the price difference would be tho.

+1 for RPE. He has done several engines for me and is working on my S2 right now. He is no joke. 174mph at TSO legal weight with stock suspension. To my knowledge he's making the most power of anyone out there currently. Gomes/Fiscus.

Hey guys...I think this guy wants a near stock rebuild. Nothing crazy. I don't think he wants to wait 1 year for DLS or any of the "higher end" builders, not to mention the guy is on a budget. Call Bryan @ Weber Racing. I think he said he has a few already built shortblocks ready to go...no wait time.

First : Remove midget with hammer :biggrin:

Next if you want to run mid 11's build to run mid 10's for reliability !
Pull the motor yourself and put the money you save into the motor.
There are several builders that can take care of what you need. Good luck.

Bryan

Hey guys...I think this guy wants a near stock rebuild. Nothing crazy. I don't think he wants to wait 1 year for DLS or any of the "higher end" builders, not to mention the guy is on a budget. Call Bryan @ Weber Racing. I think he said he has a few already built shortblocks ready to go...no wait time.

called today already waiting on a call back

Bottom End

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I WHAT HORSE POWER YOU THINK IT WOULD BE TIME FOR A GIRDLE AND WOULD 4 BILLET CAPS WITH OUT A GIRDLE HELP MUCH FOR THE BOTTOM END NOT MOVE.

Yes, not R&Ring them anymore though. Same shop I was in before I went truckin....

Complete machine shop/cylinder head service/engine dyno

There is a shop right in Augusta. They balanced my assembly and while I was there I saw 3 other 109 blocks being worked on. Just talking to him he really knew about these builds. Going local has its advantages, especially when they aren't a Hack.
K & P Auto Machine Shop located in Augusta, you may call them at (706)733-5592. Ask for Billy.