need a floor jack

I have had sears jacks for ages ... came with jackstands to .. some gift thing around Christmas time a gazillion years ago :eek:

I have had sears jacks for ages ...
Me too. I have had 2 sears steel jacks for over 15 years and they have been absolutely reliable and durable. But so many negative comments on their aluminum jack has me unnerved.

I bought, forget name brand, but an aluminum 2 1/2 ton from Sams Club. It is light as a feather:tongue: All the guys at the local circle tracks switched to them they were like 1/2 the price of other "name brand" jacks and it works great!!!!!!!!!!!! I will take a pic of you would like!

I bought an AC DELCO model.. SUKS. The swing near the bottom hardly lifts the jack. once I can get the car high enough then the swing works better.

You need to really buy GOOD EQUIPMENT. I have seen some jacks that have really good swing throws. Also some that you can pre set the jack to the frame so you don't waste time pumping the swing arm

theres a guy who posts on this board who is an expert on jacks. i think he invented them.:rolleyes: GNRegal

now that's comedy no matter who you are.:biggrin::D D.W.

Please stop hi-jacking threads for "comedy" reasons. I am getting a lot of complaint's on these anonymous postings. Funny thing is they are not anonymous to Admin:eek: :biggrin:

For those interested The Jack I have and yes The Jack that launched all that Rich's Custom Auto (RCA) is all about is a Railroad Salvage model, made with all the finest materials the good people of China could muster and produce.

It is one heavy unit and has held up for well over 10 plus years and has logged alot of lifting, heavy lifting and is the sole reason that Rich's Custom Auto (RCA) has grown into all that it is today.

Sadly tho the place I purchased the Jack from burned to the ground a couple years ago and to say that Railroad Salvage was just a place the JCC crew went to buy poorly made gray market tools would be a lie. To the RCA & JCC crew it had the finest collection of training videos any garage would be proud to own.

Oh and one more note The Jack was a HUGE hit in Bristol a few years back and we even sold T shirts featuring the Rich's Custom Auto (RCA) Jack incorporated right into our copyrighted logo.

That is the short verion of the history of The Jack:biggrin:

I bought a Sams club one back in 1997 - still works like a champ. Its not as low to the ground as some of those fancy ones with the front roller wheel - this one actually has 4 wheels and is real heavy. I think i paid $80 for it....

It had a lever on the side that would jack it up really fast (in one step of the foot) for when you have the car already up on the jack stands, so you don't have to pump it back up high for lowering the car. i took off that lever, it just seemed to get in the way and I never used it....

It looks like this one (this one doesnt have that goofy lever)

National Tool Warehouse - 2-1/2-Ton Garage Jack
I have one with the foot pedal also. Mine is off as well. Mine is a 3 ton, I got it as a Christmas present about4-5 years ago, it has spent several nights outside and was in an old barn for its first couple years of life. :eek: Now that we have a new house and a 3 car garage it has been nice and cozy!:D

I think it was only a hundred dollar Jack. Still works great!

For those interested The Jack I have and yes The Jack that launched all that Rich's Custom Auto (RCA) is all about is a Railroad Salvage model, made with all the finest materials the good people of China could muster and produce.

Oh and one more note The Jack was a HUGE hit in Bristol a few years back and we even sold T shirts featuring the Rich's Custom Auto (RCA) Jack incorporated right into our copyrighted logo.

That is the short verion of the history of The Jack:biggrin:

whats the bristol all about?:confused:Lou S.

whats the bristol all about?:confused:Lou S.

I could copy/paste a page from the JCC handbook where it goes over all the history of JCC and Rich's Custom Auto, but I don't think it is right to post pages of it. You could always apply to be a JCC member and get the info packet. There is a full page of the Bristol event with plenty of pictures. The JCC makes sure it's members are educated on the clubs history and where it is headed. Pretty good thing if you ask me. :D