Anyone driving a KIA Stinger or Genesis G70/80 Turbo?

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Looking for something with some power and FWD or better yet AWD.
I think they are twin turbo like the FBI cars. :cool:
Looking around 2019-2022 for a decent car that can accelerate a bit.

My son has an Infinity G50, v6 twin turbo awd. It's a high 13 second car. Very comfortable and is good in the snow.

Saw those last night after starting to check out the Infinity line. The Red Sport 400 looks good. :cool:
Saw the Genesis G70 had exploding sunroofs I don't think I need that to happen to me. :oops:
I think the Stinger actually had more cargo room than the G70, they need to build more hot hatchbacks.
I could build a nice Buick with lots of paint on it for what I'm gonna pay too. :(
I'd buy a V6 Camry for reliability if they had about 50 more HP not sure you can get that with cold air and exhaust kits.
Or maybe I just drive the old Buick until it dies. ;)

He test drove the Red Sport 400. It was pretty fast. I'm sure it was a low 13. He got a step down from that. He decided he didn't want to have to switch from summer only tires to winter with the RS. They have that in a coupe too. The G50 has it all over the Camry v6. Better fit and finish, engine is smoother more refined.

That makes sense, I'd definately need a set of winter tires. I like the Subaru Legacy XT but it's under powered as well as is the WRX GT which is too small, they should have kept the hatchback. A Lexus V8 would be nice but thousands over my budget.
The good thing is the longer I procrastinate the more money I save...
And the Buick seems to want to run okay right now. :cool:
Thanks for the help.

Hi there. Sorry for the 2 month old bump on this thread, but I registered to respond to this question.

In addition to my GN, I daily a 2020 Stinger GT1 RWD. I bought the car with 8k miles on it and the previous owner traded it in because of the poor fuel mileage. Stock the car is pretty fun, but also very tame. It handles like a typical modern sedan. With some mods/tune and suspension parts, the car is an absolute monster and a complete sleeper. Since new, I've swapped out the springs and sway bars, catback and downpipes, JB4 piggyback and some odds and ends. I'd have to pull the draggy screenshots but I ran in the high 11s (in turbo weather). Problem with the Singer is the cheap headbolts, and running high boost with the JB4, there's some headlift. Its a great driving car, but its still a Kia. All the plastic parts inside do typical Kia things like rattle, etc... and the exterior plastic parts that are painted are starting to fade. Also, the launch control doesn't allow enough revs to build boost, so the first 10 feet are terribly slow compared to other modern turbo 6s. Wheel spin is also pretty significant, even with 10.5s on the back.
IMG_2876.jpg

Real nice house and cars. :cool:
I ended up with a Honder 2.0T Sport 17K miles 2020 but will probably look at the Genesis G70/80 or an Acura TLX Type S AWD next.
Looks like they went hybrid with the Accord and it's less power now in all trims so I think the 2.0T will hold it's value and be in demand.
Put a plate on that Buick and drive it. ;)
IMG_0589a.jpg

Last edited: