My son is having surgery

John:
Glad to hear that everything is ok, your prayers were our prayers, and I was certain that everything would work out ok & for the better.

I was having a nightmare of a day untill now. This is the best news i have heard all day.Cant wait to see him behind the wheel of his own gn. That is great to hear . God Bless him on a speedy recovery. Great great great news. That just made my day. I think we should all chip in for a great birthday gift for this little guy. because he gave all of us a great christmas gift:biggrin:

I am going on 45minutes sleep last night.
Joshua is homw sleeping in his crib right now.
I knew that things would be ok when he wanted a bottle in the recovery room.
After I get some rest I will post morel

Thank you God and all our friends that prayed for little Joshy.

I am going to pass out now!

Glad to hear everything went well John. Get some rest bro:cool:

Dear Friends,

The night before the surgery we only got about 45 minutes of sleep.
Joshua is very in tune with his mother's feelings.
Sharon and I were very nervous and unfortunately he was feeding off of it.
As a last ditch effort to get him to sleep I took the family for a drive at 4:00 a.m. The last time I looked at the clock it was 5:15 a.m. and the alarm went off at 6:00 a.m.

At 6:30 a.m. We drove down to Stanford and got there to get to the appointment and hour an a half early.
Seeing the other sick children and the anxiety about the surgery made me really sick. I thought I was going to pass out and throw up at the same time. I ended up having to take a walk and taking something for my nerves.
When we walked him on the gurney to the OR he looked up at me scared as we could not go any farther. It was heart breaking, I cried all the way to the waiting room. You have to understand that since he was born Sharon and I have only given him to other people 3 times and those times were all here parents. Once I got over the initial shock a calm came over me.
Some of this was the medicine the most of this was God showing his mercy on me.

We waited 3 hours and we were able to see him in recovery.
First we met with Dr. Kennedy for about 10 minutes for and overview and instructions. He was an excellent combination of compassion and technical superiority. William A. Kennedy II, M.D. - Department of Urology - Stanford University School of Medicine
He was very groggy since he was still under to the effects of the anesthesia. Joshua did grab my finger and look at me.
With in a couple minutes he was laughing and smiling at me.
Then he started kissing his blanket which is what he does when he is trying to get cozy. About 30 minutes later he was trying to crawl all over the gurney. I spoke to the nurse and he was released to go home.

With all that being said and done we went to the pharmacy to get his medicines and we were on our way home. We made it home just a little after 12:: p.m. Generously my brother went and bought the family lunch and met us at home. We put Joshua to sleep, ate a little bit and passed out.
I woke up around 6:00 p.m. and went to check on the baby, He was still sleeping, so I gave him and his mother an hour before I woke them up.
Other than is horse voice from the oxygen tubes and the anesthesia he just seems a little tired.

I would like to thank everyone that helped us through this:

-God for his blessings, beyond anything I could ever deserve

-My wife Sharon for her heart of pure gold and tireless work ethic to take
care of this family

-Dr. Kennedy for his compassion and bed side manor along with his world class technical expertise

-Lucille Packard Children's Hospital and all the staff for their loving care of our son Lucile Packard Children's Hospital - Stanford University Medical Center

-Bill my brother and Joe Sharon's father both took time off of work to support Sharon, Joshua and I. Their help was nothing short of amazing.

-All of our friends, old and new for their prayers, phone calls, e-mails and PMs.

Thank you everyone, this year our Christmas came on December 17, as it was the second time we could bring our little Joshua home.

God Bless,

John Wilde

WOw, how do you follow that.... God really is good, we always get more than we deserve, this was a gift to many prayerful people. Thx for sharing so honestly w/ your online family.

I'm so happy for you and your family that everything went well. Have a great Holiday John, to you and your family, Nelson. :)

Wow good lookin kid. Glad he did well :cool:

Thanks for the kind words.
He got the catheter out today...
That was a little hard to watch.
He is in his crib now calling MAMA, DADA because he does not want to got to
sleep!

You can get some sleep now John.

I am glad everything turned out well.

thats great everything went well John.... now remember this when he wants to take the Buick out for a "blast" in a few years :eek: :biggrin:

John:
Glad to hear that everything went ok. I am sure that he will be up and around in no time.