My progress thread...

About the gas tank.

I used JB weld to patch an entire section of pinholes in my old wagon. It was a temporary fix until I could find another tank. That was 10 years ago, and it's still not leaking. Didn't even pull it from the car. Wire brush it and JB weld it.

You get those doors cleaned up yet?

The doors are still laying in the same spot. I plan on doing all that crap over the winter. Funds aren't flowing like they used to so gonna have to hold off on painting and weatherstripping until spring. The rest of the stuff I am going to try to finish gathering up.

I am going to take some more pics. the ones I took a while back turned out bad

Attachments

• SANY0943.jpg
    SANY0943.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 811
I'll take some more. SO far the drivetrain is in and most of the wiring hooked up. Gas tank is in. Dash is cleaned up and ready to go back in. Does anyone have a part number for the rag joint of the steering gear box or do I have to buy the whole gearbox?

pics of car and my helper

Attachments

• SANY1053.JPG
    SANY1053.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 767
  • SANY1054.JPG
    SANY1054.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 765
  • SANY1055.JPG
    SANY1055.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 757
  • SANY1058.JPG
    SANY1058.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 762
  • SANY1059.JPG
    SANY1059.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 752
As far as the rag joint, do the jeep upgrade. You get a better feel in the steering wheel. Cute helper btw.:) I she certified?:confused: lol We know you're citifiable after all.:biggrin:

please explain the jeep upgrade. Neither one of us are certified:eek: We're just both car nuts. Just shortly after that picture was taken she went in the house and opened up MY Buick GSX hot wheel that was still in the package:mad: But hell I couldn't be too mad at her after she puffed her bottom lip out and said "I'm sorry dad" I told her it was ok and I know dad's toys are way more fun to play with than mom's;)

It's come a long way!!! Starting to look like a car. Keep on rollin!!:biggrin: BTW--Your helper must get her looks from the other side, eh? ;) :biggrin:

please explain the jeep upgrade. Neither one of us are certified:eek: We're just both car nuts. Just shortly after that picture was taken she went in the house and opened up MY Buick GSX hot wheel that was still in the package:mad: But hell I couldn't be too mad at her after she puffed her bottom lip out and said "I'm sorry dad" I told her it was ok and I know dad's toys are way more fun to play with than mom's;)

The steering shaft off of the jeep cherokee is a direct swap for the G body shaft. It uses u joints instead of the rag joint so you get better handling as a bonus.:biggrin:

The second part is a little disturbing Jesse.:eek: :tongue: :biggrin: LOL

pics will be coming tomorrow if I take a break from working on it:biggrin:
Dash is pretty much done witha few things to button up. header panel and most of the underhood stuff is on and ready to go. It's looking a lot better with the dash put in. Things are going good. Just need a little money to buy the brakes. Hasn't been a good past two weeks around here so I haven't got much done until the last couple days. I wish I would have had the time to patch up the A piller/door jamb areas on both sides and the bottom of the driver's firewall but what can ya do?:confused: Now that I know how to pop the dash loose and doors and front clip are easily removed I can do it anytime when I get the stuff to do it. The car probably won't see rain or even a wet carwash for that matter so things shouldn't get any worse between now and the year I save up some money to finish it:rolleyes:

OOOOOO....lookie-lookie.....had to make my 1000th post in your thread, Jesse. Yup, you guessed it....just gonna bitch and moan for MORE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!biggrin::eek::biggrin::cool::biggrin::p:eek:;):p:D Did you know you can only use 10 smileys per post??? ....Guess I know now.:rolleyes:

For some reason I've been lacking thread posts in my email account so I didn't hear you crying up here in Sewer City:rolleyes: I hope you can sleep better tonight:biggrin: My back and shoulder is finally starting to give out so I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to keep working on it this week. I also need to find some sucker to help me put stuff in the rafters, put insulation up on the ceiling, and lay the doors on the workbench so they aren't on the floor. The wife wants her car in the garage. If we can't sell it just as well keep it she says:cool: I somewhat agree but sometimes strongly disagree;) Here's pics in case you forgot how big of a piece of sh!t my car is

Attachments

• SANY1167-1.JPG
    SANY1167-1.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 659
  • SANY1168-1.JPG
    SANY1168-1.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 669
  • SANY1169-1.JPG
    SANY1169-1.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 646
  • SANY1170-1.JPG
    SANY1170-1.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 648
AAAAAHHHHHHHHH.........that's better. WHEW!! Thought I was gonna pass out for a minute. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Looks good Brotha!! Too bad you live so far away...of course, if you lived closer, you wouldn't have much more done anyways...just more hangovers!!:D

She's coming together Jesse. For some reason I never got notification you added anything. Keep posting more pics so we can see when she's finished.