My progress thread...

If you want, but I'm gonna warn you there isn't much to do here except get drunk;) . Let me know what else you have sitting around or anything you can grab. Just as well bring as much as you can if you are coming. I'll go out in a bit after I eat and snap some pics.

all right kids, more pics of rust. I'm gonna go out today and start working on the frame. Wish me luck and some motivation. I've really been burnt on this car lately...

Attachments

• SANY0624.JPG
    SANY0624.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 854
  • SANY0625.JPG
    SANY0625.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 855
  • SANY0627.JPG
    SANY0627.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 839
  • SANY0628.JPG
    SANY0628.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 838
  • SANY0629.JPG
    SANY0629.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 875
Jesse, I may have found you a header panel. My buddy has one in his garage. He's pretty sure it's an 84-87 but he's going to double check. I'll let you know!

Starting to really get lost, new to body repair-NEED OPINIONS!

I have the holes cut in the frame for washer install. Hopefully I'll have it done this weekend. I still haven't found a good driver's floor so I'll have to use the patch I have and add some metal to it. I also have got the rear patch where the floor brace and inner rocker and body mount hole was rusted out. I think I have figured outa way of installing it with minimal cutting but it could result ina rough welding job. I also now have driver's quarter patches. These are the least of my concerns at the moment. I have no idea what I'm gonna do about the rear inner wells. Above the bottom where it comes together there are holes, the rims of the wells are still solid and in tact which I thought was weird. I also noticed right behind the back seat in the trunk area I have a pinky hole where the seam is along the pass side well and trunk floor. ALso the small body brace that is under the same area is somewhat rotted. This is a real stumper for me on what to do. I don't want to do anything major like putting in different wells. Replacing that small body brace doesn't look like much of a deal from what I can see. Would it be acceptable to bead blast the wells and the spot in the trunk and use the por 15 floor repair kit to deal with this?

cue the fixin stuff up montage!

Yes that's right, I've actually done some real work that the wife has been able to see;) So I've been informed to keep going. Frame washers are welded in and ground:) rear section patch has been cut, just need to get off my ass later and weld it up. also went and smoothed some of the sh!tty factory welds, not that mine are much better but at least I put some spatter spray on first;) DO I REALLY HAVE TO POST PICS OF THIS?????:rolleyes: I went and got a quart of por15 at Arnolds too. Stuff looks scary. They put a big label on the top saying only time will remove por15 from your hands! then it says to put food wrap in between the lid before resealing or somethin like that-sheesh! Have to use water based cleaner for prep-no solvents (can't use brake clean-WTF? that's no fun)
Anyone know of something good?? I realized I don't wanna work too hard on stuff anymore;)

Hell I hope the rest of the car turns out like this!

Attachments

• SANY0698.JPG
    SANY0698.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 901
  • SANY0699.JPG
    SANY0699.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 884
I know, my photography sucks! Hey Jeremy, you missed out on a good time:cool: Here's one pic I took that looks good;) :biggrin: It's fn hilarious when you take the pic when they aren't ready-LOL!

Attachments

• Copy of Copy of SANY0686.JPG
    Copy of Copy of SANY0686.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 880
Frame looks great Jesse!!! Looks like we all missed out on the good times!!:eek: ;) Keep chuggin away at it...you'll be done in no time!!:rolleyes: :biggrin:

Hey, you guys wanna hear something funny? I've had this computer for over 3 years and just found out I have a photoshop program:eek: Trust me, way better in person-the pic doesn't cut it. You shoulda saw the look on my dad's face when my he walked up in the strip club and saw my wife's @ss hangin out of that costume,priceless:cool:

Yeah I think it will start coming along pretty quick once I get the body patches on. The doors need minimal work, and the hood just has a tiny stress crack where the hinge bolts up. That could all be taken care of in a day. The only thing I am really concerned with is the roof. There is a high spot in it from the monsterous dent on the roofline. Thank god for bondo!

Floor patches are finished, well as finished as they're gonna get;) . I will have to post some pics sometime. Maybe tomorrow.

One question, Anyone have any ideas on cleaning the floor up? I used a wire wheel, but what cleaner is the best for getting it CLEAN? I took a grease and brake dust bath last night with the grinder and wire wheel. I have to do some more patching around the car to get the floor ready underneath for a FULL undercoat. BUT I suppose I could get the inside of the floor ready. It would be less back breaking and would be a fairly big step to get out of the way. I'll post picks this weekend.

Its a shame that we live so far apart. I thank we both about at the same spot on our cars. That frame shot looks like mine. I will have to stop on mine for a bit till i get a job and save the house. I will post more picks on my post in a few days.

I do have the rear painted and bolted in along with rear sway bar and upper and lower arms. Other than that I think thats it. Wife's b!tchin it isn't getting done fast enough:rolleyes: She wants to see visual progress:eek: I told her this isn't overhaulin where they bring in a team of 100 to do a car;)

...could be worse...she could be bitchin' because you "work on it ALL the time" :rolleyes: ...oh, wait, maybe I'm thinkin of someone elses wife..........mine??? Dunno. I say keep chuggin away, it'll get done someday....NAH!! THESE CARS ARE NEVER DONE!!:eek: :eek: :D :eek:

she could be bitchin' because you "work on it ALL the time"

No that's gonna be next week LOL!

The rear patch turned out way better than the front floor. There's no helping that unless I tear the entire thing otu and I'm not doing it. It actually doesn't look too bad from underneath. The rear patch turned out great. It took a lot of work because it wasn't cut to be in the spot I put it in so I had to "pursuade" it a little (you know what body tools I have in the garage-BFH:biggrin: ). As long as the body mount hole lines up thats all I care about. I've been getting frustrated with the rust I have found under the car-yes there's more. I think I'm just going to work on cleaning the inside of the floor and getting it ready for the por15 and fiberglass. If this f@ckers in a flood there isn't gonna be ANY water touching the floor!

I'm gonna have to post some pics sometime. I got lines coming, most of the parts have been painted and ready for install. Body will be going on this weekend unless the lines don't arrive friday (I hope they do)

About time Jesse. Your updates are as slow as mine are right now. LOL I think I have more linkbacks though. I'M WINNING!!!! LOL

Sorry about not posting lately guys! I finally got my lines tuesday-damn, it took over a month:confused: Well I'm fighting lines right now, it's like wrestling a drunk monkey. I'll snap pics after I get them on:)

well buick buds, it was a long battle but I got it done:rolleyes: Somehow I managed to lose a clip or 2 by the looks of things but maybe they weren't there. I have no extra bolts left so that's good I guess. They may need a little tweaking in some areas but I won't know until I get the body on. I mixed up a few clips I think also-don't tell anyone;) :biggrin: