My progress thread...

dammit...rust hole #8

I coulda at least got a kiss before I got this f'in sh!tpile...
Pass side of rear horn is rusted out on bottom side. Only spot where my hammer didn't DING! At least 4 inches of it needs to be cut off and part of the side as well. This pos better be worth it. Starting to wish I bought a roller. So, anyone know what guage steel I need to hobjob this in?

Hey turbonut! Find me any treasures for this polished turd? Just got word froma new member spencer ia has not even a handful of gbodies and one regal that is picked over. I'm starting to need some help guys. Can't find parts, no one wants to sell parts when I try to buy, then overpriced parts:rolleyes: . I hope I get a break real soon cause I'm gonna lose it. Got well over 5k in this cancerous beer can, can't turn back now:mad:

You're in luck!!!:eek:* I just happen to have a rust free GN frame just laying around!:D* It is the one that came out of my wrecked GN. It was hit hard in the nose on the pass side. The rear rails are in great shape! Yours if you want 'em. Let me know if you want to meet up and we can work out a deal on the core support too!:D Funny thing is, I was just up in Spirit Lake this past weekend for the Victory bike rally. Woulda been tough to carry any parts up there for ya on the back of the Mean Streak though:tongue: I'll PM you my # give me a call.:cool:

I think I'm just gonna cut the rust out of it and see how bad it is. Can't be much more that a 4 inch spot that's rotted. I don't think I'm gonna have to chop the whole horn off. I'll let you know when I get to it. If worse comes to worse I'll probably just have you chop me off a chunk and send it with the core support if I don't find one.

Hey turbonut! Find me any treasures for this polished turd? Just got word froma new member spencer ia has not even a handful of gbodies and one regal that is picked over. I'm starting to need some help guys. Can't find parts, no one wants to sell parts when I try to buy, then overpriced parts:rolleyes: . I hope I get a break real soon cause I'm gonna lose it. Got well over 5k in this cancerous beer can, can't turn back now:mad:

The Regal in Spencer still has some nice parts on it, I was just there today. I didn't look too close at the floor but the rear quarters and rockers are in great shape.
There is also an 80 Regal wagon & 82/83 Century 4 door hiding clear in the back.

Yeah, already talked to "swanny" about that one. Again got screwed on going there today. What color interior does the car have and how much is left on the car? What year is it? FOr most part I need a header panel, core support, and a couple quarter chunks (you can see on page 1) I wonder if they are going to be open this saturday??

It has a blue bench seat interior & 2 tone blue exterior. The doors, trunklid, bumpers and front clip except for the rad support & hood is gone. It's an 82 or 83. The quarter panels are in very nice shape along with the frame.
GRAB AND GO AUTO SALVAGE is their website, open 7 days a week. Everything is a fixed price with $1 to get in the gate.
I have heard that you can buy the car for $500-$700 if you tell them it's for a dirt track car.

any interest in a flowmaster catback exhaust off my car? If so we could meet up if I ever get up there.

Jesse, did you ever get a core support? How about a floor pan? There is a Regal at teh boneyard here in town thats in pretty good shape. The header panel is toast otherwise I would have snagged it for ya. Car has blue interior. I also have a core support if you dont pick up turbonuts.

Here we go, STORY TIME!

No he hasn't got back to me about it so I am still looking for one. I know there is a good shell sitting in spencer but I haven't got around to going up there yet. It also has nice quarters on it so I was going to cut my patches also. I got the rear section of floor I needed but the patch I got for the front I had to cut a little narrow due to rust. It's about an inch short on the outer edge. Haven't decided if I'm gonna tack some more onto it or just cut a whole other patch. I'm working on getting all this stuff but just haven't had the time to get up there. I think the core supports and bumpers go cheap there, something like 20-30 a piece. They're more into scrapping out there so they don't charge an arm and a leg for most of the stuff. Doors are already gone unfortunately so I'm still stuck with what I have. Let me know what you can do and for how much. I'm supposed to be working on getting an aluminum support but still haven't recieved a pm back. Is the car a limited or base car? Still need front bumperettes also.

Couple more questions. I noticed my front springs appear to be in very nice shape, but weird thing is the top coil on one is not attatched to the rest of the spring like the other one is. Is this a defective or is it just the way it is for weight distribution??

Also looking for some stock boxed rear arms or a deal on some aftermarket that AREN'T solid bushing type. I have a lot of stuff to get started, and a lot could've been done already, just waiting on this borrowed welder I've been promised the past 3 weeks:rolleyes:

Hey Jesse--I guess I was kinda waiting on you to get back to me.:redface: Sorry fore the confusion. I have the core support waiting for ya if you still want it. Just PM me and it's yours. How soon do you need it? I'll be in Ft. Dodge the first weekend of October for the Cruise to the Woods car show...hopefully with my GN!!:D We could meet there, or if you need it sooner I'll meet you somewhere if you want. Let me know. Sorry again for the confusion. ---Keith

Jesse, if you need front bumperettes, are you going to use black or chrome bumpers? I think I have a spare set of chrome ones. The car over here is a Limited. You know you can always call me if you need something!

:biggrin: P.S. Be aware of that TurboNuts guy, I think he's got a few screws loose! :D

Thanks for meeting me at Williamsburg dude! It was nice to put a face to a name!

:biggrin: P.S. Be aware of that TurboNuts guy, I think he's got a few screws loose! :D

Thanks for meeting me at Williamsburg dude! It was nice to put a face to a name!

Maybe that's why the GN doesn't run quite right yet!!!:biggrin: :biggrin:
It was great to meet a fellow TR nut! I hope to meet Jesse as well as many others along the way...you all seem like a great bunch!!:D :D We all need to meet up and polish off some beers and shoot the s#!t some time!!;)

Hell yeah! I'm shooting to have the car pretty much done by May, well driveable:rolleyes: Des Moines would be good halfway point and a good beer spot also:biggrin: . I might have to hold out on buying my interior items so I can finish up buying body parts. Got my daughter's bday coming up and I think I've found a guy that will frame my whole basement for a mere 200 bucks so some things will have to wait. All in all it's looking good for my deadline though, as long as the weather cooperates so I can paint around march/ april. Like I said guys, after the rust repair on the body and frame is done, IT WILL BE ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!

On a happier note;) I spotted what looked to be an 86 maroon ttype with blackout trim driving down Gordon Dr. today. I wonder if it is someone from the board? Looked good from what I saw.

Jeremy, my front bumperettes look OK but the rubber is shot. I wonder if I can massage the rubbers off some chrome ones and put them on mine when I paint them?? shouldn't be a problem from what can see...

Keith, it would probably be easier just to ship the core support. It would be a 50 dollar bill for me to go there and back I'm sure, then the 3 hours of driving and probably at least a good hour of BS'n, with ya while I'm there:biggrin: .

My dad stopped over today and checked out the carnage. Walked around the garage and said he's gonna start helping me out here in about a month. Not gonna hold my breath but who knows. He walks over by the engine and tranny and says "is that all ready to go?" I said it was the ONLY thing ready to go;)