My progress thread...

I'll try to get them taken and put them up today. Just to warn you guys, the garage is messy! I didn't take any last night for the reason that I can't ever get it to take GOOD night shots:confused:

Well?

Jesse,
where's
the
PICS???

I'm starting my thread tonight so you need to add some to yours. I doubt I'll get mine done first though.:biggrin: You said you were putting the frame on this weekend, what happened?:confused:

got pics taken but I can't get the pics to downsize on my program for some reason. It's a pita. anyone have a link to a simple one? They turned out real nice!

As far as the car goes everything went smooth except me trying to hand torque the body mounts and pulling the threads out of a few of the inside nuts:mad: A little setback needs to happen to keep things interesting though. I can actually walk in my garage now! I love it:)

Well I got the body mount issue finished today. I'll probably crawl underneath tomorrow and do some line inspecting and clean up the last of the parts I have laying aorund so I can get them put on and get them out of the way (literally). Sorry about not posting the pics guys. Does anyone know the site where you can add your pic and it automatically downsizes it? I just used it a few weeks ago but I'm having trouble finding it. Sucks, I really want these pics seen!

Here is what I use... It's free

Picasa 3: Free download from Google

I believe they have a web album app too but I don't know much about that. You might want to read on it - it might offer storage for your pics that you could link to in a post. I have been meaning to do that, but I can't find my round tuit. :frown:

I just use Picasa as one of my picture viewers. It has an export feature that is easy to use - just export your pics resized according to your specs (use the slider they provide when you click 'export') to a folder on your desktop designated for uploads or email use. Then when you post - click on 'manage attachements' you can brouse the folder on your desktop for the resized pics you want to use.

HTH Jesse.
Bob

There it is!! Thanks bud! I gotta entertain the kid and fix some man supper-grilled hot dogs;) and I'll post them up, maybe even take a few more. I'll just post some up now

Dale Watson on the stereo...

..............crickets chirping................;) :biggrin:

Cushions on the lawn chairs and the sound of an occasional pop top. MMMMM aaaAAAHHH!

I'll check back later. Gotta go now & make sure the garage fridge is well stocked for the weekend. Probably will have to make a run. I wish I had a 6 pak for every time I heard "First things first, Bob!" when I was growing up. :D Good advice, I guess.

Anytime with the pics Jesse, its a long 4th and the weather's right.;)

yeah if we can get past these fricken clouds. I'll mess with them when I get up in the morning. Gonna go work on the car for a while then I gotta go drink some beer.

Well I got some more problems-hell why not? Decided to put the fuel tank in just to get it up off the floor and it has a hole in it under one of the straps. Didn't really want to spring for a new tank until I had the money to buy all new stuff for it along with pump and hotwire. So should I try to repair it with some epoxy or go get an n/a tank for free and hope that one is good too???

Dont even mess around with welding it, just get a new one and save yourself the hassle. Check out ***********. He's got them for a good price. Or at least he used to. Probably could be picked up during one of our many chicago trips to help save on shipping.

Well I got some more problems-hell why not? Decided to put the fuel tank in just to get it up off the floor and it has a hole in it under one of the straps. Didn't really want to spring for a new tank until I had the money to buy all new stuff for it along with pump and hotwire. So should I try to repair it with some epoxy or go get an n/a tank for free and hope that one is good too???

Take it to a radiator shop Jesse. They should be able to silver solder it up for you and it shouldn't cost to much. Epoxy will work for a while but make sure you wire brush it and put some sheet steel over the area so the strap isn't on the epoxy. Evil bay does have 1 seller that has the correct tanks for around 160 if I remember right.

Well I'll lay that aside until the time comes I guess. It looks like it's already been repaired once. Jeremy, you'll have to PM me your fuel tank supplier. I don't really know of anyone that has had good luck having a gas tank repaired. I know people so maybe I can get it done for free or next to nothing that way I'm not out anything if it does leak. Has anyone looked into the 4.3 monte tank yet?

I've decided to put most of the car together and finish the body work over the winter. No sense it letting it sit in pieces. Doesn't take much effort pulling the front clip and doors when you've done it a million times:rolleyes: I figure this way I might be able to enjoy the car a little and make me wanna put some real work into it to get it finished when I get the money. Been 2 years since it's been assembled-I think its time:cool: