My progress thread...

speaking of those seats, the upholstry cleaner left some weird marks on them. They cleaned up good though, just left some weird marks.

Got engine back together finally:rolleyes: and dropped tranny pan and filter last night. Good thing I did, looked a little thick and brown on the bottom of the pan, no burn smell though.

So all I got left on the list...for now....

gas tank
rear springs
route air bag lines
fix/adjust driver side window regulator (should be done tonight)
figure out what guages I want and where I'm gonna put them

Got a guy to lend me a dent puller too. When the above stuff gets finished it's time to do the roof!

While I was at work using my ultimate wisdom and expertise in making my fellow americans mcdonalds fry oil and wendy's salad dressing I thought it would be really fun to lie under my car tonight and take a gas bath. I figured why stop there when I can take the springs out:biggrin: SO it's all out and kind of ready to go. Again, need to tie up some loose ends from when I slapped it back together with Me, Myself, and Barkerballs (my alternate ego).

MAYBE, just maybe, I'll put up some teaser picks soon. No Keith, I didn't say TEASER'S, I said teaser;)

I forgot to mention, I also put in the dash plaque and chrome strip. My dash has got more bling than my wife does!

HOPEFULLY I get to drive it next week. Cody stopped over a few days ago and thought the car looked way better with the rear lowered. I said that it better look good! :biggrin: I've done a lot over the winter, I can't wait to cruise it around.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIuo0KIqD_E[/YOUTUBE]

HOPEFULLY I get to drive it next week. Cody stopped over a few days ago and thought the car looked way better with the rear lowered. I said that it better look good! :biggrin: I've done a lot over the winter, I can't wait to cruise it around.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIuo0KIqD_E[/YOUTUBE]

Where's the pics Jesse??

If I ever get a chance to pull it out of the garage I'll take some. Not going to be able to get a pump this week cuz I gotta pay off some dental bills. Pretty much got told to get ****ed on that pump so I posted some helpful feedback for him and warned dailydrifter about him. What a prick. Been buying parts off this board for 4 years now and gotta get screwed right at the end:mad:

That suck Jesse. Care to tell us more? I'm gonna guess that you bought a "good" or "new" one and it's junk, right?

A few certain members have been whining about me not posting pics of this polished turd so here you go!

Attachments

• SANY1394.jpg
    SANY1394.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 586
  • SANY1393.jpg
    SANY1393.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 575
  • SANY1392.jpg
    SANY1392.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 587
  • SANY1395.jpg
    SANY1395.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 601
  • SANY1391.jpg
    SANY1391.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 596
Took it for a little drive to try to find the noise when brake is applied. Sounds like a clunking from the rear somewhere, but I'm sure its from the drivers side so I might pull a wheel off and check some stuff out. I was driving down the boulevard and come up behind a mustang GT with some punk ass lookin dudes in it. Got about a car length behind it at about 30 and jumped on it enough to kick into second. Car pulled hard, broke tires loose as usual (its far from just a chirp):mad: and got right behind the passenger door and let off of it. I'm damn sure they heard all that noise coming from that piece of crap beings they had a window down. THey didn't even bite. P@ssies.

Happy Easter Jesse.

I'm guessing that you replaced the U-joints but I'd almost bet you have a loose backing plate.

Happy Easter guys!

Yeah I'm kind of thinking it could possibly be the rear u-joint. I only replaced the front one when I first threw it together. I forgot about not doing the other one until I already had it in. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what it is. I just hope it isn't the rear.

Well I hope it's a U-joint but if it's the rear send me a note with bearing numbers. I may be able to get you a little off of them.

Well took the car out for some tuning finally. Idle is definitely a bit on the high side, but its close. Got 2 full turns on the actuator and still have 02 over 800 and no knock. Pulls a little harder. After burning almost 10 bucks in gas I decided to call it a day. Now I gotta wait for the rain to come:mad: I'll use this time to mess with the idle some more and pull the wheels and check the brakes. 99% sure that's where its coming from.

lol glad you finally got to drive it a little !!!!!!!!!!! Good job man, just keep plugging away on it Daniel Ray

lol glad you finally got to drive it a little !!!!!!!!!!! Good job man, just keep plugging away on it Daniel Ray
Yeah it's nice. I just need a weekend with it and I think I could get the rest of the stuff fixed, or at least diagnosed.

I know you've been looking at it so you can get the count up Jesse:biggrin: Sounds just like you.:eek::tongue::biggrin: LOL

Glad to here you got to drive it some. Did you find the noise yet?:confused:

I'm sure it's the brakes. Just don't know exactly where yet. 100mph comes up in a hurry!

Jesse, set your idle to 600-650 in drive with your foot on the brake. Then re-adjust the TPS sensor.

I'll try to mess with it today. I don't get why the iac numbers went up but the idle stayed the same????

Well I finally got bored enough to bleed the master cylinder out. Helps when you start with the forward end:rolleyes: I've never seen so much air come out while bleeding brakes and I haven't even done the lines yet. Sent an email to eric, he said my chip is set to 14-16psi and 800rpm for idle. Looks like I got some more work to do. I've been working a lot of overtime which allowed me to buy a matching set of bfg's some guy took off his vette that hardly left the garage. Now I just gotta wait for the rain to go away. Jenn is driving the trans am so maybe I can get rid of that hopefully.