My progress thread...

Engine back together. Starts a little easier now. Sure would be nice to get it on the road:rolleyes: Got a set of used bilstiens for 100 bucks. Now just gotta figure out what this ticking is

That's the voices in your head going tisk, tisk tisk Jesse.:biggrin: LOL

and when i start feeling down about things i remember it could always be worse....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=088-cp2NQUY[/YOUTUBE]

and before I forget. There's an guy selling delco radio repair manuals from 40-late 80s. All of them for 100 bucks. The ad is in the sioux city journal. Either in the auto section or misc. section. THought I'd let you guys know. I was thinking about informing one of the vendors to see if we could start getting a supply of radios for our cars instead of having to gamble on junkyard ones.

Not a whole lot been going on lately. I haven't even gathered up the rest of my stuff for an alky kit. Been kinda lazy:rolleyes: That's why I've been on the board so much:biggrin:

It's not so much the cold, it's all the snow. Doesn't really give too much motivation when you can't take the car out. Well I could, but I'd hate to get it all full of crap after doing all that work.

If it make you guys feel any better it's supposed to be in the 50's today and we're about 25 degrees shy of that. I think the weather guys were off a little about today. I've lived in TN, TX, PA, and FLA and a Texas cold may not drop the mercury but it's definately colder to me.

I love youtube:biggrin:

Got the shocks put in today. First time I've had to use a jack to put front shocks in:eek: I think it's gettin to where I might have to get my shoulder and wrist checked out:mad: If it wasn't for having air tools I wouldn't get anything done

The Super Buick Bros stopped by last weekend to look at all the crap I have sitting around my house. Of course, they went straight to the garage to see rusty and quench the thirst from driving. Took them no time to find what I've been chasing since I had the motor in the first time. #2 has a crack about an inch long. VERY noticeable on the inside. I actually managed to get the manifold off by myself. Note to self: DO NOT USE BOLTS FOR MOUNTING CROSSOVER! What a ding in the ace that was. Otherwise it isn't a bad job, just a mother to get the rear stud unless you have a lift.

Of course when this was all done I realized I forgot to remove the 02 and bent the end where the wire comes out. I'm going to assume it's not good anymore. Then I saw the tensioner lying on my cart and thought, "gee, I should have tried that thing out before I pulled it apart." I left the radiator open overnight and I'm gonna pull it after lunch tomorrow (got tomorrow off). Beings I am only a few bolts from pulling the driver's side off I just as well do that also and have it checked and blasted also. Gonna have them resurfaced as well. Should be a bad mofo for being stock when it's all done and tuned in.

BTW Jeremy, the cheapo gaskets weren't blown out....yet:biggrin: I put somthing on both sides of the gasket to help it seal but I can't remember what I used. Whatever it was, it was enough to hold the gasket to the head when I pulled the manifold away from it. For some reason cheap wheel bearing grease comes to mind and possibly copper spray:confused:

I'll admit I was shouting some obscenities at times. Mainly because of those damn bolts I put in. Next time I'll make a special trip to buy a pack of $2 bolts

The header is lookin pretty good for getting fixed for free. Got one job knocked out. Dropped the radiator off for repair. He said it could most likely be fixed. Still need to call and get a price on blasting the manifolds and crossover pipe. In the meantime I'm gonna get some valvcover gaskets and do those over again.

Cleaned up the seats this morning. They turned out pretty damn nice:cool: I think I might work on some interior items this weekend also. I wish it would get nicer, I'd actually spend the money and buy some tools to get my roof pulled out and fill the door jam holes. I might get carpet in it someday

You need to sand blast the exhaust Jesse? If you want to send the manifolds down and pay shipping both ways I'll do them for you. Free since I kinda owe you one. I don't have a cabinet big enough to do the crossover though.

Too bad we didn't have enough time to pull them off last weekend....I coulda taken them home and blasted em for ya.:eek: I gotta cabinet big enough....:biggrin:

Well don't think I need valve cover gaskets. Tightening the bolts should be enough:eek: Got all the parts I need. Arnolds motor supply sells denso 02s for 20 bucks so I picked one up. Learned something interesting. Bosch has different part numbers for n/a and turbo, AIRTEX doesn't...hmmm. Changed it out because I banged up the end of the 02 and didn't wanna chance it being messed up beings its PITA to get at. Gonna start assembly tonight. Haven't heard anything on my radiator yet, I wonder what the deal is with that? Cody is supposed to be coming over to help with some stuff. I'm not waiting all night, going out at 9:00. Wouldn't be any different than any other night workin by myself:rolleyes:

Cody showed up:eek: Talk about kickin ass and takin names...Seats got put in and everything under the hood except the radiator got put in. Hopefully I get it today. By the look of packaging and supplied anti-seize, the DENSO is a nice 02. WAY easier to put in than the big clunky Bosch piece too. Cheaper than the bosch too.

After spending some time under the car I really don't like the way the stock trans lines are routed. It's retarded to say the least. By the looks of it they could have easily been ran along the frame. Looking back on it I should have ran some new ones.

Tonight I plan on getting it buttoned up. I have some interior issues to take care of also. Driver's window regulator needs adjusted, dash plaque needs to be put in, dash strip, and for some reason the driver's track doesn't move even though the cable is in tact:confused: Good thing I have a spare:biggrin:

Cody showed up:eek: Talk about kickin ass and takin names...Seats got put in and everything under the hood except the radiator got put in. Hopefully I get it today. By the look of packaging and supplied anti-seize, the DENSO is a nice 02. WAY easier to put in than the big clunky Bosch piece too. Cheaper than the bosch too.

After spending some time under the car I really don't like the way the stock trans lines are routed. It's retarded to say the least. By the looks of it they could have easily been ran along the frame. Looking back on it I should have ran some new ones.

Tonight I plan on getting it buttoned up. I have some interior issues to take care of also. Driver's window regulator needs adjusted, dash plaque needs to be put in, dash strip, and for some reason the driver's track doesn't move even though the cable is in tact:confused: Good thing I have a spare:biggrin:

Good job Jesse! Lets see some pictures of those seats installed!