My progress thread...

I have brakes:cool: One problem though, the motor runs for a second every time I push the pedal:confused: I'm thinking the accumulator is on its way out. I pumped it down and back up at least 10 times and still had a steady stream of very tiny bubbles coming from the back port. I could be wrong but who knows, at least I have brakes. Yeah Keith I know, HYDROBOOST! It's comin don't worry. I might have to spend a few bucks on my "hackmaster" alky kit. The grommet on the bottom is leaking. Otherwise it works great. No bogging and can't even tell it's on besides the smell of it burning. On a side note, I've been doing A LOT of reading on required flows and nozzle output. Most nozzles used require 50psi for proper atomization. I read somewhere that the nozzles are rated at 40 psi and that there is about a 10psi output drop from pump to nozzle output spray, hence the required 50psi (I'm guessing);)

Here's the sale of the day boys:

In a previous post I stated I bought a set of bfg's. Well me being in a hurry I didn't inspect them very well. Got to the tire shop today and my buddy noticed 2 tires had rub marks on the sidewalls BAD. I thought, well I flucked myself this time:eek: A guy called me saturday begging to sell 2 of them. I called him up. Told him about the tires, showed him the wear on the sidewall. One tire was starting to get into the nylon. He still wanted them anyways, so I told him 100 bucks they're yours. He bought them:biggrin: I put the 2 good ones on the back and put the ones Jeremy gave me on the front. Can't do a full crank on them but things could change after an alignment cause the front end is real messed up

If you're talking about bubbles out of the master then you either have air in it still or it's gone bad Jesse. Do the hydroboost conversion and forget it. If you've been in keiths car then you know how well the hydroboost works.

Out of the accumulator side. It stops pretty good though. I need to adjust the rear shoes up some. The car bounces like a freakin pogo stick when driven down a rough road. I'm gonna let the air out of the bags and see if it goes away. It does it so bad I had to slow the car down and I was only going 35. So I'm gonna work on getting that taken care of and try to get the alignment done sometime in the next few weeks.

Got bored and fixed the ported exhaust elbow. Now I just gotta decide if I'm gonna put it back on or not. Spent about 4 hours on the roof saturday. It needs a few more spots pulled up but it is way better than what it was. The metal was stretched pretty bad from the deep creases. I'm gonna leave it slight low so the rest can be filled in. Hopefully after I pull the top portion out the bubble in the roof comes back down.

For those of you that gives a rat's ass, I finally pulled the stock pump today after running 20+lbs of boost for 2 months and replaced it with a red's pump. Also took those pos 6x9s out and put factory 4x10s in. Gonna drop the boost back down to 22lbs and see where 02s are then start bumping up timing.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Byz7eU8jF0[/YOUTUBE]

kabooom!

Got a spare IC shroud?

Here's some anti-progress for anyone that is still watching my thread. Went to the downtown car show. My hood sat open for over 2 hours before I noticed the IC shroud was gone! Well that sucks. I will say this, the shroud does make a noticeable difference. On the bright side of things the car has been running great aside from the bad valve seals/guides, which smokes just enough to piss me off:rolleyes: I'm gonna be dropping the car off after I get my bonus this week and have the quarter panel and roof fixed. I can booger up the rest on my own beings it won't ever be seen:biggrin:

Some guy come up and asked me if it was a real Grand National. I said "NOPE! It's a real WE4";)

Well at least you're is on the road now Jesse. Mines gonna take a little while but I'm making progress now at least.:biggrin:

LMAO:biggrin: I bet he had a real confused look on his face after you said that?

Yeah he did but I'm used to it. I get that "deer in the headlight" look from a lot of people around here. I just pulled a metal shaving out of my eye!

BTW, Its kind of cool to have the only TR at a car show. Had a lot of people scratchin their heads wondering what was going on under the hood

Yeah he did but I'm used to it. I get that "deer in the headlight" look from a lot of people around here. I just pulled a metal shaving out of my eye!

BTW, Its kind of cool to have the only TR at a car show. Had a lot of people scratchin their heads wondering what was going on under the hood

including you sometimes... ;)

sorry

Attachments

• 83 ttype 001.jpg
    83 ttype 001.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 83 ttype 051.jpg
    83 ttype 051.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 291
Looks good......

Dropped the car off monday to get the sheetmetal done. After I get done with the drunken stupor with the buick brothers in a few weeks I'm gonna start stripping trim and sand it down. I volunteered to work 3am to 3pm so gotta get to bedHAVE A GOOD NIGHT!

Hi, I followed your progress from day 1 and I have a question.

How did you end up fixing the part of the body mount that is attached to the frame near the rear wheel well? Mine has the same damage as per your pic from page 1 of thread.

If you have a pic it would be apreciated.

thanks and good job :cool:

post the pic so I know which one you are talking about. Lots of rusty metal in the first page:eek:

The quarter panel got finished this week. It looks great and even has the drain hole in tact and is straight as an arrow. So far, I am very pleased with the work they are doing.

post the pic so I know which one you are talking about. Lots of rusty metal in the first page:eek:

The quarter panel got finished this week. It looks great and even has the drain hole in tact and is straight as an arrow. So far, I am very pleased with the work they are doing.

:wink:

Hi, please see your email.I cannot post an image link in the forum because I am too new, only 2 posts!!

Make 3 more posts and you can. Go to your state section and say hi as well as the new member section. That's 2 so you'll only need 1 more.