My Ole Hot Rod

Here it is with the old REAL Cragar Dragstars on it.

Attachments

• 100_0320.jpg
    100_0320.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 700
Car

Very Nice !!!! Attention to detail !!! I like the cooling holes. I like evrything about it.

I thank ALL of you guys for the nice comments. Here is the rear end after I took it out and completely apart to weld the axel tubes in solid, then completely rebuilt it (didn't need it but had it apart) so did it. The LPW cover and axle tube braces came from BGC years ago. I also installed Metco upper's and lower's at this point. Not bragging but this car is as clean underneath as it is on the top side with absolutely NOT one spec of rust anywhere. Doesn't show in the pic. but I also have a carbon fiber drive shaft in it. DAMN MONEY PIT !!! Thanks Again You Guys !! Mike

Attachments

• 100_0074.jpg
    100_0074.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 669
Car looks awesome!! Love the gasser wheels. Would love to see them all the way around.

KEEP POSTING PICS!!! ;-)

Ibby, FUNNY my WIFE says the same thing !!!

And no the port holes are not functional. but they do look like they are.

Car looks awesome!! Love the gasser wheels. Would love to see them all the way around.

KEEP POSTING PICS!!! ;-)

That was the old Gasser style, spokes in front and the other type of wheels in the back. Sort of like this picture of an Anglia.

Attachments

• Anglia1.jpg
    Anglia1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 662
There you go Mark, right on. Most of the short wheel base cars back then ran Gasser's and Fueler's. The fueler's were really the early Halibrand. Seems like all the guys around here try to copy everything I do so I went way out on a limb and put these wheels on my car. Thanks again all you guys for the NICE comments.

You can see the carbon fiber driveshaft in this pic. I had an aluminum shaft from Denny's in the car that weighed 12.4lbs.loaded, the carbon fiber shaft weighs 7.8 loaded. The engine is one I built some years back.

Attachments

• 100_0013.jpg
    100_0013.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 609
Looks good Mike!! I wasn't even sure you owned one of these cars, as I usually only see you in the parts hording sections... :biggrin: LOL!!

K.

Looks great as always Mike! Are you going to be at Cool Desert Nights in a couple weeks?