My New DW301 on E85 Failure

DMAC

I have been running the DW a last couple of months after making some upgrades and quit working today , I think I need more flow at higher boost the car leans out when it hits high boost around 19 lbs

I was tunning today and the pump stopped working together so while I am going to see find a better replacement or switch to the double pumper.

Humm, looks like number 2 failure.

I just check ractronix site and it doesnt look like the new turbine I have been hearing about is availble yet. Is the Racetronix 386L/Hr the best that is out there from a single intake stand point?

My TT340 is good enough to run my combo to 27 psi and only run at 90% DC....

Do you have a hot wire kit and voltage booster on the car?

I have been running the DW a last couple of months after making some upgrades and quit working today , I think I need more flow at higher boost the car leans out when it hits high boost around 19 lbs

There's not enough flow from that pump to run your 85# injectors at any significant DC%.

Yes I had both a voltage booster and hotwire on the pump,

Scott
I agree with you on the pump not being enough to supply the injectors

I am wondering if the 387LR/HR single pump from Racetronix will be enough or should I just do double pumper and be done with it

Humm, looks like number 2 failure.

Who is number 1 Pronto?

When and where did you purchase the pump?

The pump has a 3 year warranty.

Booster and hot wire is not sufficient unless you also have a proper ground to the battery, not the body or chassis. If you are using a stock fuel sender and wiring, this is NOT providing ample voltage to the pump.

Based upon my information from the manufacturer, the pump should be sufficient for 85# injectors, where did your information come from Scott?

Didn't TurboBuRick have a failure about a month ago? I thought he was going to send it to you to test?

I purchased it only directly at http://www.deatschwerks.com/ around 6 months ago. it was hotwired and grounded I was using the factor sending unit since there was never any mention in my reading to being reqeired to replace it Regardless it should not have caused the pump to quite working ... I mean quit as in getting towed back into the shop ...... quit working

I purchased it only directly at http://www.deatschwerks.com/ around 6 months ago. it was hotwired and grounded I was using the factor sending unit since there was never any mention in my reading to being reqeired to replace it Regardless it should not have caused the pump to quite working ... I mean quit as in getting towed back into the shop ...... quit working

Of all the DW pumps I have sold, one quit working in a couple days. I immediately exchanged it for another new one.

When I tested the used pump it worked fine, put in another GN and it is still running. Turned out to be a wiring problem on a stock GN with 25 year old wiring, including the crap wires and connector in the sending unit.

Send me your pump and DW furnished wiring, and I will test it. If it is bad, I will send you a new one. :)

In case it does not work, I will send it back to DW so they can determine the issue.

This is the same offer I made TurboBuRick, still never have received it? :confused:

So if myself, another vendor or DW has not had the opportunity to check and verify the pump has failed, it should not be listed as such.

Since Nick has extended this offer to you, I will let him take the lead on it.

Guys, please remember, I am here in this community as a resource and a point of contact. Please don't be afraid to shoot me a line if you have any questions.

-Chris

Based upon my information from the manufacturer, the pump should be sufficient for 85# injectors, where did your information come from Scott?

I based it in the published flow numbers (chart). Pulling some numbers off the chart, at 70 psi and 13.5 v, the pump supplies about 66 gph. That amount (66 gph) is what 65 #/hr injectors will need at 100% DC, 25 psi boost, and 70 psi total fuel pressure. Or it's also the same amount that 85#/hr injectors at 76% DC and the same conditions require. These numbers assume no system losses, so the actual flow numbers will be somewhat less.

I was unaware the OP had a volt booster.

So with some voltage on the pump it's a better story. At 16 volts and 70 psi total, it looks like it will supply about 84 gph. That's enough for 83#/hr injectors at 100 % DC. Again, this assumes no system losses.

85 #/hr inj is not a stretch as no one runs near 100% DC. But even so, if someone did, a few psi loss is not the end of the world, the inj will still continue to deliver more fuel as %DC increases, just not as much as if the pump were meeting the 1:1 rise.

So the manufacturer told you correct, but only with a volt booster and the associated wiring upgrades. Just can't run 100% DC.

..............So the manufacturer told you correct, but only with a volt booster and the associated wiring upgrades. Just can't run 100% DC.

Thanks Scott, you have illustrated where many owners get into trouble, they have issues especially when adding alky injection, their fuel system plumbing and wiring is NOT up to standard to supply the required fuel for the HP gain.

Simply put, it takes more fuel to make more HP!

The alky injection does cool the incoming air charge and effectively increases the detonation level SOME, but still more fuel is needed if the HP [boost] level is increased.

I know most owners do not understand this as I am continually doing more repairs and engine work on alky cars. When the cars leave here, the entire fuel system is MORE than capable of meeting their goals with no damage! :)

Lately we have seen more electrical problems with the 25 year old wiring, and the inadequate band-aids when trying to prevent issues and failures. As an example, a stock, daily driven GN was tested to check voltage at the pump connector.

We were astonished when the voltage reading was 7.4 volts! :eek:

Need I add more? ;)

We were astonished when the voltage reading was 7.4 volts! :eek:

Wow, suprising, but I shouldn't be. When I checked my stock wiring, I was surprised to find aluminum wire going to the trunk. The fuel pump wire was thankfully was the only copper wire in the bundle.

Updated the new sending unit and 386l/hr fuel pump from Racetronix is backordered !!!

Anyone know of a company that sells the single G7 type sending unit that has the larger outlets ???? I checked GBody Parts and TT no luck