my new car, you'll hate me

qwks6

Boost junkie
Well, I have a new turbo 6. And I know what many of you are going to think of me, giving my money to a foreign car company. I test drove many cars by GM and ford, but they just do not compare. I just think BMW makes a better product. I needed something to replace my daily driver 96 impala ss, and got this BMW 335i. By the way, if you haven't driven one, it's a pretty nice car;)

4576_178744340074_856895074_7013280.jpg

4576_178744360074_856895074_7013283.jpg

n856895074_7013277_5529373.jpg

Just thought I'd share with some car folks.

There's no getting around it. Those higher-end imports-BMW,Audi,Porche- are awesome pieces of technology. I want to hate them, but I can't. They're just too damn impressive.

You should have waited for the new 2010 Ford Taurus SHO coming out this summer!!

3.5L V6, Twin Turbo, 370+HP, AWD! They're beautiful and hot!

Yes, it's a turbo.

I am replacing the impala just because it's old to me. I love it, runs great, probably the best car I've ever owned. I just loved this one more. Plus, I don't feel like I'm driving a tanker around!

It's not stick, it's the automatic steptronic transmission with the paddle shifters. Those are fun too...

There's no getting around it. Those higher-end imports-BMW,Audi,Porche- are awesome pieces of technology. I want to hate them, but I can't. They're just too damn impressive.

Wait till you work on them! That will give you a reason ;) . I drove an M6 and a couple of turbo ones, they are nice. I beat the hell out of a brand new M6.....................that was fun, although the people at my dealership didnt think it was(Who cares I dont work for them anymore:eek: ).

Wait till you work on them! That will give you a reason ;) .

true. One huge selling point was a 4 year, 100K mile full warranty and full maintenance. Only thing I have to buy is gas and tires. Maybe another radar detector ;)

I probably won't break it until the day after the warranty expires!

Hate you? Not a bit. And I'm not anti off-shore, either, but I'm sticking with an American car, as in GM, As in Caddy. Maybe we'll run into each other some time down the road. '09's are pretty much gone, and '10's are not actually able to be ordered yet.

Its not an M Series so not impressed.

I would have gone for a Pontiac G8 but before it was Government Motors!

The M series are not the ride that they used to be. They're not free, either.

kirban 2 cents worth

You got a great ride.....I have owned a 95, 96 and 02 M3....over the years.....silky smooth and usually one of the top ten picks by one of the major car magazines. Also had a rare 1996 540-6 speed sport.

Like one earlier post said....its your money.....

My wife currently has a Z4....loves them cars....

I had other BMWs in the past...

Their is no really down side....other than its almost a daily ritual to clean the front wheels because of the black brake dust.

I got a friend in California and a few of his buddies have them running in the high 11,s the twin turbo ones with very little done...on the street. Tough to do in California and keep it street legal emissions legal...etc...

Car is worlds apart from your SS Impala. That front plate is going to leave 4 holes in the nose!

Before I take much heat....I do have and keep a 1987 Turbo-T...and have owned quite a few turbo regals in the past....and my other cars are all American cars....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com