THROTTLE BODY:Accufab 65mm
RJC POWER PLATE:yes w/precision plenum
INJECTORS:55#
THERMOSTAT:160
TURBOCHARGER:TE64-1
VALVE SPRINGS:K-Motion K750
MAF:stock
DOWN PIPE:Terry Houston
EXHAUST:ATR(but had cutout opened on this run)
FUEL PUMP:Aeromotive A1000
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR:Accufab
FUEL PRESSURE:44-47psi
ALCHOHOL INJECTION:nope
PROPAIN INJECTION:nope
NITROUS:nope
AIR FILTER AND AIR INTAKE:ATR stainless MAF pipe and 9" K&N
TIRE DESIGN, SIZE & AIR PRESSURE:26x11.5x16 ET Streets @ 15psi hot
AIR BAG(s):yes 25psi right/5psi left
SCAN TOOL:Scanmaster and Directscan
FUEL:Sunoco Maximal 116
CHIP:Jim Testa
CHIP TIMING:26*
KNOCK RETARD:>2*
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE:.780-800
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE:n/a
TRACK ELEVATION:close to sea level(E-Town,NJ)
TEMPERATURE:65*
PEAK BOOST:27psi
BOOST AT LAUNCH:20-21psi
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE:35,080/10,000 approxamate

Steve

I'll take two of those with a side of RICE please!

What to you think of the turbo 400? Do you really think it robs horse power the way some people say it will? You ever look into a switch pitch set up? The guys who sell them say 3 to 7 mph pick up with one of there set ups. Cool thing is that switch pitch convertors are actually kind of cheap ( like $300) My art carr 9" was over twice that. They also sell the stuff to convert non switch pitch trannies to s.p. for like $150 I think it was.

www.paeenterprises.com
the guys name is Jim

Jason

Thanks Tony :D

Postal,I love the TH400 - it's super strong,cheap to build and easy to freshen up.The only thing I dont like about it is the fact that it doesnt have a lockup converter,though PI has a solution to this in their lockup conversion that I want to use for next year.

Our motors make soo much torque that causes converters to slip,that coupled with the low rpm capabilities of our motors equals a bad situation.There's a reason cars that run lockups run mph soo much better,they are putting down 10%+ more power that those that run non lockups.Mine is slipping around 12-13% in high gear,a little less in the lower gears(think about it,12% of 600-650hp is 72-78hp being lost :eek: )

As for the switch pitch,I like the concept and have thought about it but would rather stick with a well built lockup to completely eliminate converter slip and power loss.Plus with our motors able to put out 600+lbs.ft. of torque I dont trust a converter without anti balooning plates.

Would I use a TH400 again,definatly.But I would do it with a lockup and 3.42 gears from the start rather than non lockup and 3.08's like I currently have.

Steve

The main thing I like about a switch pitch is that there still should be a little give in the convertor on gear changes. Stories of guys snapping transmission input shafts on cars no faster than mine makes me cringe. These trannies are way to expensive to play that game. Thats why I want to jump to a T400. Sell my stuff now while its still in good shape. Invest those $$'s in a 400 and be stronger and go faster. I can buy an awefull lot of gas if I avoid another 200 build up just one time.

Jason