AIR FILTER AND AIR INTAKE:ESP aluminum MAF pipe and 9" K&N
TIRE DESIGN, SIZE & AIR PRESSURE:28x11.5x16 Hoosier QTP @ 15psi
AIR BAG(s):yes 25psi right/5psi left
SCAN TOOL:Scanmaster and Directscan
FUEL:VP C-16
CHIP:Turbotweak
CHIP TIMING:22.9*
KNOCK RETARD:0*
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE:.760(11.9-12.0 afr)
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE:n/a
TRACK ELEVATION:close to sea level(E-Town,NJ)
TEMPERATURE:55*
PEAK BOOST:28psi
BOOST AT LAUNCH:12psi
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE:57,750/30,000 approxamate(600 passes)

Pulled some timing out with the intent of turning up the boost a bit thanks to a new chip from Eric(thanks again :D ), first pass was same setup as my 10.51 run from two weeks ago but with 2* of timing taken out went 10.59 @ 127.61. Second pass I added some fuel and put it to 28psi, was on a good run till it started detonating about 800-900ft out, went 6.694 @ 103.36 in the 1/8th and coasted to a 10.77 @ 106. Started putting in more fuel the rest of the day but with little to no change in afr, just enough to make some lean passes at 28psi with the timing turned down. It was consistant though, went 10.504 @ 128.89, 10.524 @ 128.41, and 10.506 @ 128.75. That last one was on a 10.50 dial and had a .007 light :cool:

Looks like time to rethink the fuel system a bit for next year

Steve

Thanks guys :) Consistancy is one thing I'm very happy about with this car. It would be a real killer in 1/8 mile racing, here's the 1/8th times from the last 4 runs today: 6.695, 6.694, 6.704, and 6.692

And here's a recent pic at the track:
DSC01165.jpg

Good Job Steve... lets see a 10.4xxxxx anything :)

No 10.4x for me anytime soon :( racings just about over up here and I have to gear up for next years points season. Plus without addressing the fuel system there's no real point in pushing any further. Real shame though cause I know there's more in it, didnt even have any timing in it lol

Still cant complain for a motor that was built back on '01 and has five seasons on it still running strong. I'll try to get one more season and I'll go through it and put in that forged crank and rods I have sitting in the closet ;)

Nice deal.

Even if it is a swap and not a TTA j/k

Almost happened to me when I was awaiting my 383 for my Formula and I swung my GN drivetrain into it just for giggles lol.

Good running car you have there.

later
Jeremy

If you don't mind me asking? What rear tire is that in the pic, and what size? I'm looking for a DOT drag slick that doen't look like a doughnut and hooks well. Are those 26 or 28's? Tube type? They look good.

No 10.4x for me anytime soon :( racings just about over up here and I have to gear up for next years points season. Plus without addressing the fuel system there's no real point in pushing any further. Real shame though cause I know there's more in it, didnt even have any timing in it lol

Still cant complain for a motor that was built back on '01 and has five seasons on it still running strong. I'll try to get one more season and I'll go through it and put in that forged crank and rods I have sitting in the closet ;)

I'm sure you've thought about it....Please share our thoughts on an Alchy injection for more fuel, before another fuel system....? Another half a tenth? ;)

Steve,

If you wouldn't mind, PM me some details about the roller rockers. What it took to run them if they weren't a direct bolt on, part number(s), price, etc, etc. Thanks in advance.

If you don't mind me asking? What rear tire is that in the pic, and what size? I'm looking for a DOT drag slick that doen't look like a doughnut and hooks well. Are those 26 or 28's? Tube type? They look good.

I run Hoosier QTP 28x11.5x16, they are 28" tall, have a 10" tread width and are DOT. I run them tubeless and no rim screws. They are the biggest 16" tire I can run in some of the classes I am in. Technically the 28x12.5x16 ET Street is the same size tire(10" tread)but the sidewall designation of 12.5 makes them illegal in those classes(11.5 max sidewall designation). They hook good and are very consistant, I've gone 1.48-1.49 60ft a bunch of times though I think the converter has been holding me back. Hopefully the ATI converter I have on order will fix that.

I'm sure you've thought about it....Please share our thoughts on an Alchy injection for more fuel, before another fuel system....? Another half a tenth? ;)

I have thought about it but some of the classes I run do not allow you to run any fuel other than gasoline. The only thing I'd be allowed to inject is water or nitrous, which is something I've been thinking about(nitrous that is)but for the sake of simplicity and consistancy I'm probrobly going to stick to just running gasoline. For me it's about more than just running fast, but also being consistant and winning races :)

Belive me though, I'd have done anything for another half a tenth - hopefully with the new converter I can get the car out of the hole better and it should go 10.4 something, maybe a high 10.3. We'll find out in a few months when the track reopens :)

Steve,

If you wouldn't mind, PM me some details about the roller rockers. What it took to run them if they weren't a direct bolt on, part number(s), price, etc, etc. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Jason, that post pretty much sums it up, but if there's anything else I can help you or anybody else with feel free to pm me. Seems like a few people are running them now scince that post and I havent heard anything negative. My set, which were the first, have been in the car now for two seasons(about 300 passes)with no problems.

ttafan, here's one more pic I've posted before but figured you could see how those tires actually work ;)

GTA1-1.jpg

That's a sweet shot! What about the QTP in the size 26/9.5/16 They are 82 dia. I am running the bfg drag radials now 255/50/16 and want close to the same width and diameter with a little better bite. Will that size fit ok and look right, or will they look like pizza cutters?

The QTP in the size 26/9.5/16 only has an 8" tread width, and Hoosier doesnt make a wider 26" tall tire for the 16" rim. However when I used to run 26" tall tires I loved the 26x11.5x16 M/T ET Street, it's just shy of 10" tread width and I've gone 1.47 60ft on them. I used to use them on my old stock TTA too with great results, bone stock aside from and air filter/maf pipe, chip, dump, tires, and racegas it went 11.99 @ 112.95 on a 1.63 60ft.

Not the best pic but it's the only one I have of those tires on one of my other cars:
DSC01321.jpg

If your looking for the best traction with a 26" tire on a 16" rim the M/T 26x11.5x16 is the one I'd go with.

Are those the ET street DOT tubeless radials or the regular ET streets that are the tube type? Thanks.

They are regular ET Streets and are tube type but I've never run a tube in any of my tires and never had an issue - I've run tubeless on 26x11.5x16 and 27x10.5x16 ET Streets, 28x10x16 Hoosier slicks, and 28x11.5x16 Quick Time Pro's.

Wonder if anyone has done a before/after roller rocker swap without doing any other mods to see what the actual gains were?:confused: