FUEL PRESSURE:47psi
ALCHOHOL INJECTION:no
PROPAIN INJECTION:no
NITROUS:no
AIR FILTER AND AIR INTAKE:ATR stainless MAF pipe and 9" K&N
TIRE DESIGN, SIZE & AIR PRESSURE:26x11.5x16 ET Streets @ 15psi hot
AIR BAG(s):yes 25psi right/5psi left
SCAN TOOL:Scanmaster and Directscan
FUEL:Sunoco Ultra 93 (no more 94 in NY :( )
CHIP:Eric Marshall (TurboTweak)
CHIP TIMING:19*
KNOCK RETARD:0*
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE:.760
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE:n/a
TRACK ELEVATION:close to sea level(E-Town,NJ)
TEMPERATURE:63*
PEAK BOOST:19psi(spikes to 20psi at launch and shifts)
BOOST AT LAUNCH:15psi
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE:40,000/15,000 approxamate

I hope to get back out with new tires(27x10.5x16 ET Streets)and see how the revised chips work out. I hope that if conditions are right I can get a 10.9x out of it on pumpgas.

Steve

Still looking into a lock up convertor for that thing? I hope i get my car running with enough time left to sort out bugs before the nats. I'm hoping the switch pitch will show me some mph and ET. BTW what rpm are you at in the traps with 120mph, 3.42 gears, non lock up, and no OD?

Your showing 0 degrees knock retard so thats a good sign thats there is more there and still be safe. Keep up the good work.

Jason

I'd still like to do the lockup but for now the cost is prohibiting. I was turning 5850 rpm's with 26x11.5x16 ET Streets on those 120mph passes. I have new tires on the way and that are 27x10.5x16 which I hope will bring the rpm's down a tad.

Also I'm running 28x10x16 Hoosier slicks for racegas, which I hope to try this Fri.

As for knock, yeah most runs I get 0 degrees but some runs it will show a little, usually less than 2 degrees.

Steve

Isnt this the fastest posted TTA times on pump gas? This was not using alky? Thats some solid horse power with out alky, and you werent getting any knock? You need to put alky on that thing. If you can run that hard w/o it you'll fly with it. Alky makes a big difference. You get the alky and the boost and timing can go back up closer to the race fuel settings.

Jason

Jason, Steve is against it. Why??? I dunno. Well I think he's trying to prove a lot of people wrong that power cannot be made on 93 by itself. To which, he has already in my book. Excellent selection of parts, knowledge, experience, seat time, and has been working at it for a way long time. Hats off.

Tho I bet he could run 10.60's @ 126/127 easy on alky and 92-93 octane with his car on ET streets. Same timing, same chip, just a few extra PSI.. he would be sooooo there.

Well just because I dont have ported heads or a cam doesnt mean I dont acknoledge the fact that they work. I think alot of people messed with alky and didnt know what they where doing. They had half ass results at best and have made it harder to get people to switch to it. I first messed with alky on a GN 7 years ago and highly recommend it. That was when you couldnt get any one to try it. Now its much much more popular with the GN guys. Steve must know what hes doing and how to set up a car to run as hard as he does. He will be one of the guys who runs hard on it if he switches to it.

Maybe a little good old peer pressure is in order here. ;)

Jason

I was playing with my buddies car yesterday, he's running a GTQ67, GN1's aluminum's, girdle, steel caps, Champion intake, roller valvetrain, 72's, ESP front mount, ME-R, etc..

He just got the car back from getting the cage put in.. put the chip on position 7, 24 degrees timing.. hit the pedal... we were at 30 PSI boost and tearing the 275/60 BFG drag radial's up for a hundred feet.. no detonation.. that has to be the fastest Buick I have ridden in yet. And on 93 octane gas.

Ohh.. for inquiring minds.. yes I got spanked on a quicky highway jaunt :rolleyes:

Its ok to be humbled once in a while :).. keeps one's character in line..

Julio, thanks for the kind words :) It's not so much that I'm against alky but rather I dont have any experience with it and am trying to meet a few goals I have set for the car right now. The first of which is to see how close to the 10's I can get on just pumpgas. Hopefully I can get a little closer this coming Fri, assuming I didnt hurt the headgaskets too bad this past Fri at the track running racegas(I had a little mishap on my last pass while trying to datalog and get somehwere with the racechip).

The next is to try for a 9.99 or better on racegas, which will probrobly be the hardest goal but I honestly feel it's within reach. I hope to see how that goes this year.

Another, more recent goal I've set is very much do to Julio's positive comments and that is to try to shoot for 10.50's on alky. But that will probrobly be my last step, and the one I will probrobly stick with from that point on, unless running racegas keeps agrivating me the way it has.

Steve

Man I tell ya.. when I started out on race gas it always took me a bunch of tries to get it rite. It sucked going to the track, doing the ritual.. and then getting a bunch of crappy WTF runs with the car. Some nites after 3-4 passes and the popping, sputtering, etc.. I would pull half of it out and run mix. And when your making power, the margin for error gets diminished big time. So unless the car runs it all the time, its a better know what your doing scenario. And hope your program is dead on.

Hats off to the guys that can empty the tank, put the c16 in, turn a couple screws and run a 10 second pass.

Its hard enough to do when you have a car running normally on 93.. Once your car runs cleanly on 93.. all you do is up the boost and spray. Its that easy. Let the alky make up the extra fueling.

Wish ya well with the HG.. but it comes with the territory.

Originally posted by Razor
Its hard enough to do when you have a car running normally on 93.. Once your car runs cleanly on 93.. all you do is up the boost and spray. Its that easy. Let the alky make up the extra fueling.

Wish ya well with the HG.. but it comes with the territory.

Is it really that easy? Cause I'll tell ya me and Eric have this car running like a champ on pumpgas. I wouldnt be suprised to get an 11.1 or even 11.0 out of it with the chip revisions and new tires this Fri if the weather is ok.

As for the HG, after working on the car today I'm almost certain it's been damaged but will probrobly hold up to some pumpgas abuse. It will most likely need replacing before the next time out on racegas. Like ya said, it comes with the territory and thankfully it's not a big deal on these motors.

Originally posted by TTA850
Is it really that easy? Cause I'll tell ya me and Eric have this car running like a champ on pumpgas.

I will stake anything you want on it ;) Your car will run 25-27 PSI first time out to the track with the same detonation level or less than you currently run at 19 PSI on pump gas..

Is that a bold statement or what :D After doing so many.. no problemo. It gets a little trickier when outside temps drop under 50 degrees, and when your really trying to get huge amounts of alky into the motor replacing a lot of fuel.

Then get Eric to make the timing variable so its like 23 degrees out of the hole and back to 19-20 through the traps.

Now to run 30+PSI, or 13:1 AFR WOT, or really tweaked.. that takes some work.

I will stake anything you want on it Your car will run 25-27 PSI first time out to the track with the same detonation level or less than you currently run at 19 PSI on pump gas..

Bold but not crazy. My car has been apart so much the last 3 years I havent been messing with alky on my car but I have on my nephews. On his old chip he went 16#'s with a degree or two of knock and no alky. Same set up went 25#'s with alky and no knock. His car was a stock IC car at the time and I think stock IC guys get the biggest bang out of alky. I have seen that with alky you can raise boost 5 to 6 pounds real easy and then go up from there. I would think the average person is so tickled with the 5 to 6 pound gain that they never really try maxing it out. If all goes well I'm going to put the alky to test at the track this year.

Jason