My getting 8 sec legal build

forcefed3.8's

Buckeye Bullet
I am having a CM cage installed in my car this winter. I am having a NE OH legend build it, he has built dragsters, Promods, streetrods, etc. He is making suspension parts for Buschur Racing too. Awesome guy!!! Here are some pics.
397666_3903234631186_402840170_n.jpg
rollcage1.jpg
rollcage2.jpg
rollcage3.jpg
rollcage4.jpg
rollcage5.jpg
rollcage6.jpg
rollcage7.jpg
rollcage8.jpg
rollcage9.jpg

Looks good so far Rob. What are you thinking now...8.50's???

I am thinking with the weight I am taking out and a couple lbs of boost I can get 8.7's out of it with the 3bolt turbo. I am going to switch to a 4 bolt probably over the winter. I will probably put the TA engine in it then.

very nice.when youre going that fast.thats your first priority the structural integrity of the greenhouse.those rules are there for a reason to keep you safe if something goes wrong. seems like alot of guys that i have talked to with 9 & 10 sec street cars balk at cages which i think is not a smart choice.

I was never against a cage. Every summer for the last 5 years I said it was getting a cage this winter. Every year the car ended up going faster. It was probably a good thing I waited as long as I did. I never though I would have this car running 8's afew years ago, so I probably would have had a 6 point bar put in at the beginning. Now I am realistic, the car keeps evolving, so I am setting it up for the next step. All I wanted to do was run 10's, then 9's, then built a stage block for reliability, and then figured I would try to push a 3 bolt turbo in the 8's, it happened on the 3rd pass.
BTW, the Kirkey seats are more comfortable than the stock seats and weigh 47lbs less combined!!!!

I am in shock. That car was soooo clean. I know it needed to be done and I'm sure it will look just as good when you are finished, but right now I'm nervous :D

Lookin good Rob!! I'm sure your better half had no issues with this..She looked a little nervous in the stands on that 8.9XX pass :D.......

She's the one who made me do it. How can I deny her of me spending money on my car? That would be selfish of me!!!

That's the first time I have seen a good clear pic of your car. Post some more. Looks real good Rob. All the best with your plans moving forward.

Didnt think Id ever say this about a cage but it does look great Rob! Look forward to seeing the car this spring!

Glad to see you are going thru the firewall, way too many fast cars neglect to do this.
I love the kirkeys too, very comfortable.
Your guy is doing good work.

I live on the east side and would be interested in talking to him about my car
I'll ask him if he is interested in doing another. Not sure if he wants to take on another full cage job. He had to get talked into doing mine. He prefers building full chassis cars and suspension parts.

Glad to see you are going thru the firewall, way too many fast cars neglect to do this.
I love the kirkeys too, very comfortable.
Your guy is doing good work.
He was glad I wanted to do the front bars. He feels they should be required for an 8.5 cage, actually this cage is what he feels should be needed.
The Kirkeys feel great. Very comfortable. I was surprised.