My First 1/4 Mile Outing

I just ran pretty much the identical time that you ran. My combo is a little different though. Stock heads and cam, 5858 jb turbo, ptc 9.5" non lu converter, e85, and a little alky. My mph was also 119.2, and I was around 26-27 psi boost. I made a ton of rear suspension changes since last time at the track, so I had to see if my car would still 60'. Last time I was getting consistent 1.48 60' times. This time I started with a 1.65, then a 1.53, then a 1.51. One more pass, and a little lower pressure, and I think I'm in the 1.4 range again. Time to go to a 28" tall tire!

That awesome! I think the 28" tire will help you out a lot. None the less, your 60ft times are very good with the smaller tire too. That PTC 9.5 is really working for you! I plan on a PTC in the future for sure. But right now I plan on maximizing what I have for that elusive 10.99 pass. I can't wait to see how you fair with the taller tire. I'm sure there will be some improvement.

That awesome! I think the 28" tire will help you out a lot. None the less, your 60ft times are very good with the smaller tire too. That PTC 9.5 is really working for you! I plan on a PTC in the future for sure. But right now I plan on maximizing what I have for that elusive 10.99 pass. I can't wait to see how you fair with the taller tire. I'm sure there will be some improvement.
I would've put my 28" tires on that day, but there was 300 cars at the track. I got 3 passes in 5 hours. I never got a chance to go to the pits. If I can keep my 60' times the same I'll be in the 10's for sure. I would really like to do it with the 26" tires though. On my 2-3 shift my rpms are only getting to 4900, so I might pick up a little if I manually shift it. I tried at the track, but I shifted too late on 2 passes. Have to figure out the right spot to shift it.

Congrats RB!
Your doing well with little you have. PTC gave me 3mph across the board without any changes.

Congrats RB!
Your doing well with little you have. PTC gave me 3mph across the board without any changes.

Thank man. A PTC converter is in the plans for sure. If I can't make any improvements with what I currently have. I'll be getting one after the New Years.

I would've put my 28" tires on that day, but there was 300 cars at the track. I got 3 passes in 5 hours. I never got a chance to go to the pits. If I can keep my 60' times the same I'll be in the 10's for sure. I would really like to do it with the 26" tires though. On my 2-3 shift my rpms are only getting to 4900, so I might pick up a little if I manually shift it. I tried at the track, but I shifted too late on 2 passes. Have to figure out the right spot to shift it.

I was in the same boat, long lines, cars breaking, etc. I only got 4 passes in that day. I thought I was going to get more in so I turned the boost down and and added fuel in 3/4th gear on the first two passes to be safe. I should have just left my tune where it was and went all out...and got more aggressive later in the day. Oh, well.

I need to see where my shift points are too. I may try shifting manually and see if I can improve my times next time out for fun. Hope you reach 10's man! Very respectable for a street car!

Have you tried figuring what what % your converter is slipping?

Not yet. PL still isn't installed yet. My mph from the 1/8 to 1/4 seems to be good though. Now that I know how to launch the car, I will be more consistent. I think there still a lot of room for improvement getting the 60ft down which will help a little. I'm also going to throw a couple more pounds of boost at it. I want 98mph in the 1/8, this is my main focus now...

I just did the Wallace Racing converter Slip Calculator. It calculated 7.76 % slippage.

I don't know how accurate the calculator is.... But, if it's real 7.76 % I'll take it! lol

Go and measure your tire height and give an educated guess on growth and then pi times radius

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Ok, I'll try this and see what I come up with. Never done this before, so bare with me... lol One question...

I assume, I should measure the tire height with 17 psi in them which is what I race with...correct?

[/QUOTE] I had mine at 17° in 3rd.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I will experiment with my car this Saturday at the 1/8 mile track here. Nearest 1/4 mile won't be open this weekend. Unless, I decided to drive to another track (Famoso) that is in Bakersfield, CA 5 hours away... Hmmm, I might!

Hey, Did you see any difference having it at 17* in 3rd?

I know a lot of guys run lower timing with higher boost with good results.

Wow, even with alky I would be cringing at 30-psi. Curious to see your results...

I'm not scared ;) lol

On this note; When I ordered my turbo tweak chip, I ordered it around future upgrades. I.E Ported heads, bigger turbo, 212-212 roller cam, etc... My challenge now with my stock engine is to lean it out safely enough to run a 10.99 with its current mods. Hopefully this will eventually materialize....:confused:

If and when this goal happens...I will continue to use this chip which aforementioned is already burned for a bigger and badder combo... I know, I'm kinda different, but that what I love about the turbo tweak chips! You can experiment adjust fuel, timing, etc.

I'm not scared ;) lol

On this note; When I ordered my turbo tweak chip, I ordered it around future upgrades. I.E Ported heads, bigger turbo, 212-212 roller cam, etc... My challenge now with my stock engine is to lean it out safely enough to run a 10.99 with its current mods. Hopefully this will eventually materialize....:confused:

If and when this goal happens...I will continue to use this chip which aforementioned is already burned for a bigger and badder combo... I know, I'm kinda different, but that what I love about the turbo tweak chips! You can experiment adjust fuel, timing, etc.
Why would you want to chase the fueling with a chip that is loaded with fuel at higher rpm? You should order 5 turbo tweak chips with different fueling/timing for different boost and have the block learn locked at WOT.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

just so you guys know... On the 11.3 pass I had the chip set at the following:
WOT Fuel 127 from 128 My O2's were still good! First time I took fuel out from WOT.
1st gear spool up 117 from 128
1/2 gear timing 23*
3/4 gear timing 21*