My First 1/4 Mile Outing

Raymond Bunch

"Turbo Enthusiast"
Hey guys!
I was finally able to take my car to a 1/4 mile track and see what it would do. It was a 200 mile round trip and worth every minute of it! The car performed spot on with the exception of being a bit slower mph wise in the 1/8 mile.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the results with more improvements to come later on as the car was still running with a safe tune. O2's were 789, boost was recorded at 27.8 psi...
thumbsup.gif

This was on pump gas 91 Octane/Alky knob was on (5) on the Alky controller.

60ft - 1.620 off the E-Brake!
1/8 - 7.230
Mph - 95.03
1/4. - 11.342
Mph - 119.21

More to come... I really need to get my Power Logger installed still!
lamo.gif

Nice times. You may want to change that blue color on your sig. Very hard to read.

Nice run! Get your 60' down in the low 1.50's or high 1.40's and you will be in the 11.0/11.1 range. Did you lock the converter...if not you should pick up a few mph to put you in the low 120's for sure?

Thanks guys!
Scott, I locked the converter towards the end of the run past the 1/8 somewhere. I was way too focused on watching the O2's ensuring that I didn't go lean up top. Nervous I guess, I never ran this car in the 1/4 before. I just wanted to be extra safe I guess. But, I do believe I might have picked up 1-2 mph from the time I locked it up. I also leaned the car out on that pass too...so honestly I don't know which of these helped me most....

Next time out I have the Power Logger up and running. I will know more then...

I hear ya...I have only made a few really good passes where I did everything right. I either forget or hit the space bar twice on my laptop to start then stop the Power Logger...no recording or if I get that right I forget to lock the converter LOL

Yeah... When the time comes, I think the power logger will really throw a loop in my concentration level. I better be like a Jedi, and on my A game. lol

You kill me ray, safe tune.... 28psi pump and alky no power logger data or wb, running old school 02 style.. your safe is way different then my safe.. good job buddy and congrats on the pass. Now get that aggressive tune in and let's see what she will do

You kill me ray, safe tune.... 28psi pump and alky no power logger data or wb, running old school 02 style.. your safe is way different then my safe.. good job buddy and congrats on the pass. Now get that aggressive tune in and let's see what she will do

lol... Yeah, not super safe, but, I was defiantly applying every bit of "old school" knowledge that I've learned from over the years. ;) I do plan on being more aggressive next time out. Baby steps of course and watching the tune! Btw I do have an AEM WB. I wasn't watching it though....:D

Nice! Drive 100 mi, rip some low 11s, drive another 100mi. Way to do it! Good Times!

Drewster on Tapatalk

Nice! Drive 100 mi, rip some low 11s, drive another 100mi. Way to do it! Good Times!

Drewster on Tapatalk

Thanks Drew. It was a great feeling finally knowing what it would do in the 1/4 mile.... 1/8 mile really started getting boring after awhile.

Yeah, great job Ray...if you didn't hit the lockup switch the wrong direction on the previous pass you woulda ran 11.3s twice.;)

But I had a blast even though the lines were long, I got kicked off the track, and broke a rocker arm on the way home... hahaha. We'll have to do it again.

I'll try to post the video once I figure it out.

Thanks man! Yeah, the long line was a pain at times. But well worth the wait and the long trip there to make a few passes. I defiantly learned a little more about my car and what it took to make it respond the way it did.

Also, congrats on your new time of 10.44@128+ You need to turn the boost up man! That TE-45A turbo is barely working at 26psi... Get that rocker on and let's hit the track again soon!

Heck, I might hit up Barona Drags on 8th. Hmmm!

I'm down for Barona on the 8th. Still need to scrounge my storage for that damn rocker arm and sort out my ignition issues so I can turn it up to 30 psi again.

I'm down for Barona on the 8th. Still need to scrounge my storage for that damn rocker arm and sort out my ignition issues so I can turn it up to 30 psi again.

Cool, Get'er done! I'll be free again this coming Saturday again! Sweet! I will hopefully have the PL installed by then... NO, I will have it installed by then. lol

Let me know if you need any help. I'll be free all this week with the exception of Wednesday. Kids have dental appointments in Lajolla at 3:30 PM. Better them then me... Ha!

Got it done...took all 15 minutes to replace. Stupid rocker arm lol.

Attachments

• 1415148579325.jpg
    1415148579325.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 169
I just ran pretty much the identical time that you ran. My combo is a little different though. Stock heads and cam, 5858 jb turbo, ptc 9.5" non lu converter, e85, and a little alky. My mph was also 119.2, and I was around 26-27 psi boost. I made a ton of rear suspension changes since last time at the track, so I had to see if my car would still 60'. Last time I was getting consistent 1.48 60' times. This time I started with a 1.65, then a 1.53, then a 1.51. One more pass, and a little lower pressure, and I think I'm in the 1.4 range again. Time to go to a 28" tall tire!

Last edited: