My car might be featured on the Speed Channel

818GN

Banned
Went to a local cruise last Wednesday (9/14) and shortly after pulling in, and parking, I was approached by a young woman with a clip board.

She informed me that they were looking for cars that were either fast or at least looked fast (i.e. muscle cars), restored (i.e. 30s Fords), low-riders, or show cars (crazy paint, 30inch rims, etc).

We got to talking about my GN, and to my surprise, she had had never seen nor heard of one!

She proceeded to ask me questions about my car, then informed me that she was a casting agent for the Speed Channel, and they were looking for "different" cars for a new show called My Ride Rules.

The show takes 4 car enthusiasts, and each person drives and rates the others car(s).

Keep in mind, my 86 GN is no where near the top, like some masterpieces here, but it isn't a POS either.

The car is all black on the outside, with every light tinted (headlights, tail lights, bumper lenses, signals, windows) with a built motor and tranny, sitting on slicks and skinnies.

Looking at past episodes, there have been a WIDE range of cars on there:

- a bolt on on Scion TC
- Original Mini cooper
- Dinan Mini cooper
- many low-riders with hydraulics (regals, elco's, etc)
- old school muscle (vette's, nova, chevelle)
- Lifted trucks
- 600hp Turbo 2010 Camaro

Friday (9/16) I called and spoke with the producer and set up an appointment to go to the studio.

I have an audition Friday morning, and if the producer likes the car, then I will be on the show.

No idea if the show, or the Speed Channel is popular, but the opportunity seems very cool. :cool:

Side note: I will be asking many questions in regards to having other people, whom I do not know, drive my car in order to "rate" it.

You don't know if speed channel is popular?????? Dude, you spend WAY TOO much time in that damn political forum.

You don't know if speed channel is popular?????? Dude, you spend WAY TOO much time in that damn political forum.

No, he is just that dumb... I really feel bad for how our cars will be portrayed by this cat...:frown:

I have to be honest, sorry...

Honestly, I don't watch TV, nor have I owned a TV in close to a year.

No digs against the Speed Channel, in any way/shape/form.

Sure do, the same classless a$$ who has been running this site along with his mouth too long.

Oh well, maybe he will find another site owner to screw with... Bye...

None of you know this guy... He obviously doesn't know much about our cars and simple not a person that I feel that would represent our cars in a proper manner.... If you had been spoken to the way this guy, yes 818gn, you would understand why I choose to make this statement....

If you feel it is classless, sorry. I apologized in my first post....

What is really classless is your attack, I don't know you or nothing about you. You care to handle this any other way email me or whatever.... People with mouths like yours are a dime a dozen.. See Ya:cool:

Crankin' up the ban hammer!

Oh, and congrats on the lead on the show. Go out there n REPRESENT!

Honestly the comment that was made above by the poster was uncalled for I don't care who he is, to 818GN, congrats on the plug dude i hope you car represents on the show. :)

Sounds cool, post up if you get it in the show.

Crankin' up the ban hammer!

Oh, and congrats on the lead on the show. Go out there n REPRESENT!

Thank you.

I will do my best, and update all on how Friday (the interview) goes and the results afterwards.