My car might be featured on the Speed Channel

I don't think I would say that. There really is no replacement for displacement

Come on out to the drag strip and prove it.

We will be in Phoenix on Thanksgiving weekend, waiting, Hot Rod.........;)

This show if full of people talking smack to each other. You have to make the best of it.

A turbo is a replacement for displacement. Why do they put turbo's on v6 and 4 cylinders? Turbo's, blowers and nitrous are all replacements. It is a way for a smaller engine to make the power of a larger engine. I'm just sayin'.

This thread is getting off topic.
I think Peter's point is being miss understood.
A turbo 3.8 liter motor may be better than a 5.0 NA V8,
but a turbo 5.0 liter motor will kill a turbo 3.8 motor.
Why do you think we were trying to get a 500lbs plus
weight break just to try and qualify at Orlando?....

Then why do you run a stroker?

"Lou Czarnota Built 109 Block Stroker Motor"

homer_simpson_doh-11214.jpg

Touche', sir.

Then why do you run a stroker?

"Lou Czarnota Built 109 Block Stroker Motor"

Off topic question here:

Is there a MAJOR difference in performance between a 231ci and 247ci stroker LC2?

Strokers are thousands more than a 231ci setup, but is the performance from the extra 16ci (7% more ci than stock) that profound, beyond saying "I have a stroker"?

Off topic question here:

Is there a MAJOR difference in performance between a 231ci and 247ci stroker LC2?

Strokers are thousands more than a 231ci setup, but is the performance from the extra 16ci (7% more ci than stock) that profound, beyond saying "I have a stroker"?

Maximum power potential is only the 7% more if that. The larger gain is with the stroker is more TQ and the ability to spool faster.
This could allow you to go with a bigger turbine wheel and potentially pick up top end hp.

Maximum power potential is only the 7% more if that. The larger gain is with the stroker is more TQ and the ability to spool faster.
This could allow you to go with a bigger turbine wheel and potentially pick up top end hp.

OK.

Are there any dyno sheets comparing the 2 to show HOW MUCH more TQ or top end HP is produced at a certain RPM vs a 231ci motor?

OK.

Are there any dyno sheets comparing the 2 to show HOW MUCH more TQ or top end HP is produced at a certain RPM vs a 231ci motor?

Not on me, but I am sure Ken Duttweiler or Cal Hartline would have data to back this up.

Off topic question here:

I don't know, you tell me......

October 8 2011

Maiden Voyage to Track, 2nd pass.

87 Turbo Limited, Lou Czarnota Stroker Motor, Alky, Champion Iron Heads, 76mm TB, Precision PT6765 CEA DBB Turbo with old style exhaust wheel, 3" DP , FMIC, 3100 stall converter, Goodyear 2895 Slicks, 100 octane unleaded.

This car is a street car, licenced, registered and insured. The only after market saftey equipment is a drive line loop.

77 degrees, dry air, left with 8# of boost. It peaked at 24#'s.

60 ft -1.5364

330 ft - 4.3640

1/8 mi ET- 6.7628

1/8 mi MPH - 102.86

1000 ft ET - 8.7663

1000 ft MPH - 117.77

1/4 mi ET - 10.5804

1/4 mi MPH 127.49

I was promptly asked to leave.

I wasn't even pushing it.

Maiden%20Voyage%20003.jpg

Cool! I don't have cable though so won't be able to watch. Never have watched the speed channel either....I'll have to see if they post their shows online after the fact.